CFA Institute Career Center
Last updated: 16 March 2017
The Information We Collect
Information you provide to CFA Institute
The information that we collect from you in relation to this Site may include the following (“Personal Information”):
- From Job Seekers: recruitment-related information, including information regarding previous and current work experience (e.g., references from previous employers), qualifications and work history (e.g. job titles and function experience), educational background, language skills, professional skills and talents, professional memberships, community involvement, current geographic location and mobility interests, and desired future work experience (e.g. desired future title, job function, and compensation). We may also collect publicly available information about Users from other sources, such as information from newspapers, blogs, and commercial websites.
- If you provide details of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the referee is aware that you have provided his/her details to this Site, and has consented in writing for you to do so.
- From Employers: business contact details (e.g., contact name and title, company name, address, email address, telephone number), and other information about your business (e.g., company size and business type). We may also collect information necessary to verify your account (e.g., Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), Business Registration information, or a utility bill); such information will be used for internal purposes only, subject to any request by law enforcement or a court order.
You should be aware that Personal Information, such as your name, telephone number and/or e-mail address, that you disclose publicly within the Site (i.e., that is accessible to other users, e.g., on bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. CFA Institute does not take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
How We Use Information
CFA Institute may use Personal Information to provide you with the services and functionality offered on the Site and fulfill your requests, as described more fully here, including to communicate with you about your account or use of the Site, services, and/or functionality (e.g., corresponding with you regarding your submitted job opportunities or job applications), as otherwise consented to by you, as required or permitted by applicable law, and, with respect to Job Seekers, to:
- Create a profile for you on the Site;
- Personalize your experience on the Site, including, but not limited to, displaying relevant job opportunities;
- Provide services to Employers to facilitate the recruitment and hiring process, which may include providing your resume and other recruitment-related information described above to prospective employers who have posted positions for which you may be qualified;
- Provide information about products or services that may be of interest to you or correspond with you regarding such products or services (if you have opted to receive such information); and
- Modify or improve the services and functionality offered on the Site.
CFA Institute may also send you communications about job opportunities and other information that may be of interest to you (if you have opted to receive such information). We will provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in each such communication.
How We Share Information
- For Job Seekers:
- In addition, our third party business partners may offer additional services, such as optional e-mail or text alerting services, which may be opted into at registration and may be opted out of at any time. By choosing to take advantage of this and other services offered by our third party business partners, you consent to the use of your information for the purposes of providing these services.
- For Employers: