Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
As a Business Development Manager your role will be to contribute to the sales activities and goals of the wider UK Wholesale business. This fantastic role will be London based. How you'll spend your time...
Reporting to the Head of London Sales, you will engage with clients across the London intermediary channel.
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Activities will be primarily phone led, though attendance in the field at events and meetings will be required, along with working at least 3 days per week from the office.
- The primary focus of the role will be on London Sales, where you will be responsible for a panel of intermediary accounts and all intermediaries outside the London Sales Managers' focus lists will be in scope .
- Protect existing AUM by providing care and maintenance for current clients, whilst seeking out and developing new opportunities with them.
- Prioritising and managing your activities to achieve the required business targets and revenue goals is crucial. Management of an agreed client panel, including prioritisation of accounts, research, prospecting and scheduling calls, and arranging meetings as appropriate.
- Be responsible for all event linked call activity and follow up calls, including collaboration with colleagues, marketing and 3rd party suppliers.
- Establish personal and company credibility, identify appropriate solutions for the client, build and maintain client relationships and negotiate/agree the sale where appropriate.
- Use data appropriately to unearth and explore new potential clients to widen the support base with a focus on priority strategies for UK Wholesale.
- Collaborate as required with the broader UK distribution team and wider Columbia Threadneedle Investments business to help drive success.
- There is a requirement to record all client activity in the appropriate systems in a timely manner and also adhere to other processes and protocols of the business.
- Develop and ensure an up to date investment knowledge of our strategies and views of the general investment markets.
- Fulfil all training and compliance requirements, as necessary, and ensure personal knowledge is always up to date and of sufficient depth.
If you also had this, it would be great....
- Excellent knowledge of the marketplace and of the wider investment world, including investment markets.
- Investment Sales credibility - ideally with a demonstrable track record in the sales area to be covered.
- Knowledge of our products and strategies preferred but not essential, so long as a good general product knowledge can be demonstrated.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the UK Intermediary market and the dynamics of the different participants and existing client relationships would be preferable.
- Excellent technical knowledge and the ability to communicate this appropriately.
- Strong telephone skills combined with a drive to deliver high levels of activity.
- Strong ability to work with others both in the team and across the business to achieve effective solutions and decisions.
- Good self-organisational and time management skills; ability to work under pressure to short deadlines.
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Investment Management Certificate (or equivalent) or must be willing to study towards it.
Working at Columbia Threadneedle Investments you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,500 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 650 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Worker Sub Type
Permanent Job Family Group