Requisition ID 34146
Office Country United Kingdom
Office City London
Division Human Resources & Org. Development
Contract Type Regular
Posting End Date 22/12/2023 Purpose of Job
Working in partnership with the Associate Director, HR Business Partner and other team members to operate as the HR Business Partner for specific client groups, focusing on the design and delivery of appropriate HR strategies, processes and services, ensuring alignment to the HROD people plan and the departments business and HR/people strategy.
Working in collaboration with HROD Centres of Expertise (CoE), to drive and support the organisational impact of the Bank's strategic plan, working directly with CLG clients, to translate business requirements through people interventions such as talent management, workforce planning, culture, organisation design, and strategic business partnering.
Demonstrate continual improvement with the business to provide strategic advisory services and ensure that they deliver highly effective HROD intervention to their clients in order that they can achieve their business goals. Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Partnering with the business to analyse and interpret business needs, identify trends and work with the Business Partnering team, Employee Relations and People Solutions & Advisory team and COEs to translate these into HROD interventions.
- Providing experienced advice and guidance in order to support, influence and challenge the business in the implementation of HR policies and procedures in order to ensure better business performance.
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of all HR elements of the employee life cycle and policies in order to mitigate legal and reputational risk and to meet business needs.
- Responsibility for advising CLG level managers and working closely with the Employee Relations, People Solutions & Advisory team to ensure the appropriate management of sensitive, delicate or problematic employee relations issues, to mitigate grievances and maintain business continuity.
- Facilitating key HROD processes through coaching for senior managers in the development of their people management skills to improve their execution of the process and their guidance of their own teams.
- Acting as an advocate for the business to ensure that HROD processes and interventions meet or exceed expectations. Working collaboratively with the People Solutions & Advisory team and across all Business Partner teams to actively contribute to the shared goal of ensuring the business receives a high quality service.
- Directing employees and line managers to appropriate HROD Service Delivery Channel (People Solutions, Ask HR) driving manager and employee self service and culture change
- Utilising data, and insights drawn from a number of sources to collaboratively work with client (MD and Director/Head of Office), the Talent Management team and where appropriate the Finance Business Partner in resource planning measures, succession planning (up to Band 8) and talent development with the business, identifying short/long term solutions to achieve appropriate staffing to meet needs.
- Influencing business decision making by analysing, interpreting and using HROD and Business metrics and KPIs to provide guidance to the business. Using data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understanding the landscape for further improvement.
- Providing organisational effectiveness support, including analysing and guiding organisational design, supporting the development of high performing teams and increasing cooperation between departments. Partnering with Organisational Design team as required.
- Managing and leading organisational change projects within MD client group by providing change management strategies, stakeholder analysis and defining and implementing communications.
- Working collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition team in order to ensure that the Bank recruits the best talent. Providing value-added insights and ensuring oversight of CLG process providing advisory support to the relevant MD.
- Actively contributing to continuous improvement activities across HROD, leading and/or contributing to certain HROD or Bank initiatives or projects as required.
- Record-keeping to underpin sound administration of Bank personnel: Documenting and filing an accurate audit trail to clarify policy decisions and/or to document rationale for policy variations in the realms of reward and employee lifecycle events. Ensuring adequate details are kept and filed correctly so that any future recollection of a decision is fully captured and easily retrievable. Documenting and accurately filing contemporaneous notes of manager/employee meetings about pertinent HR matters (includes using template chronology document).
- This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
- Extensive and demonstrable HR Business Partnering and Advisory experience, preferably gained in the financial services sector.
- Previous experience within a HROD specialism (Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits, Organisational Design) and across different geographies would be advantageous.
- Degree in relevant discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- CIPD or equivalent level of experience.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Experience of operating with excellent judgement in a demanding client facing role.
- Strong partnership, influencing, problem solving/solution orientated and client orientation skills to enable positive engagement with stakeholders throughout the Bank and with HROD.
- Skills in facilitation, counselling and mediation.
- Demonstrable change management, OD, workforce planning and talent management experience.
- Digital acumen and the ability to analyse and interpret data to support clients understanding workforce needs
- Fluency in English both written and oral. A second language would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a multi-national environment with a dispersed workforce essential.
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time. Job Segment:
Recruiting, Sustainability, Employee Relations, HR, Change Management, Human Resources, Energy, Management