Our UK Information Security Team is growing and its scope covers the full breadth of information security disciplines, including privacy. We already have excellent relationships with our stakeholders, including system owners, senior management and IT teams in the UK and Sweden. To help these stakeholders provide excellent support to our branches and customers we are looking for an additional team member who is passionate about building innovative and pragmatic solutions and who would value our open collaboration with stakeholders. Main Responsibilities
This is a senior role within our Information Security Secure Change Team with accountability for acting as the lead Security Consultant on large initiatives within Handelsbanken UK.With a focus on Technical Delivery or Governance, Risk & Control you will help to shape our ongoing maturity journey, whilst at the same time ensuring that our current service continues to be effective.
The main purpose of the Lead Information Security Consultant role is to:
- Be the senior Security Consultant on large projects providing guidance on all security matters to the project sponsors, programme managers and technical/business leads
- Mentor and guide more junior members of the security team assigned to your workstream in Handelsbanken security processes and industry best practice.
- Act as a Cloud security SME as part of the Bank's IT modernisation programme
- Provide expert, industry leading subject matter expertise into technical/complex programmes/change initiatives, covering all aspects of information security and privacy.
- Represent Information Security with Business stakeholders as a trusted advisor, finding pragmatic and cost-effective security solutions that efficiently support customer needs.
- Act as a specialist owner and be accountable for the effectiveness of 1 or more of the team's security processes, systems or frameworks, maintaining specialist knowledge and continually evolving the process,system or framework with reference to the bank's global and local system & process owners, regulation & good practice.
- Provide appropriate specialist advice and interpretation of Information Security best practice and UK regulatory requirements to a range of different stakeholders as new products, processes and systems are developed
- Lead risk & control assessments using defined processes, for example external supplier due diligence, privacy impact assessments and project security.
- Lead assurance activities to assess the effective implementation and operation of systems and controls to manage the information security risks;
- Deputise for elements of the reporting manager's role, on an ad-hoc basis, to cover absences, periods of increased workload, etc
Research (by Harvard University) shows that women are particularly likely to second guess themselves and not apply - so if you are worried you don't meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying...
- Extensive experience of information security (technical and non technical aspects), including good understanding of privacy
- Understand one or more industry standard frameworks e.g. Microsoft CAF at a detailed level and be able to help programme teams adopt these frameworks
- plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects effectively
- pragmatic, and effectively balances risk and control requirements with commercial drivers
- ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- positive, collaborative and builds and maintains effective relationship with others able to influence decision making to surface and mitigate issues and risks across a wide range of stakeholders
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence thanks to a nationwide network of branches, and a long-term approach to customer relations. Each Handelsbanken branch operates as a local business enabling it to make decisions at a local level and provide a bespoke service. The focus is always on the need of the individual customer and not on the sale of specific products.
We are embarking on an exciting Business Transformation journey. This transformation will significantly enhance our technology system systems, processes and services, bringing evolution to our ways of working. Join us in this transformative journey, where your dedication, adaptability and commitment will play a crucial role in shaping the future of banking for our valued customers.
The Bank is deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities. This is so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work that encourages everyone to apply, regardless of socio-economic background, age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), veteran status, marital and civil partnership status, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
At Handelsbanken, we deeply value our unique culture and values including trust in and respect for each individual. We take pride in nurturing a work environment where people flourish, and where they are empowered to take decisions in their areas of expertise. We take a long term perspective in everything we do and want each employee who joins us to build a long terms successful career with the Bank.
What is in it for you?
Application next steps
- We have a wide range of learning and development available, empowering and enabling our colleagues to take ownership of their own development.
- Competitive Salary and an extensive range of benefits is provided, including private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance
- A market-leading pension contribution of 15% paid by the bank, which can be invested in a wide range of funds (including ESG and Shariah funds)
Your journey with us begins once you have submitted your application. One of our Handelsbanken recruiters will be reviewing your details and will later organise a phone conversation if you match the role requirements. If there is a mutual fit, we will extend an invitation for you to participate in an interview.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an interview or you have any requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This advert will be live for a minimum of two weeks. However, please note that after the two weeks, the closing date could change at any time depending on the number of responses received.