Job Introduction Main Responsibilities
The role is responsible for the account administration of new and existing customers including significant direct customer contact, involvement with electronic banking, managing the inward account transfer process, dealing with customer payments etc.
They will work as part of the Branch team to ensure the highest levels of customer service, as well as working together to achieve the goals on the Business Plan.
- Completion of all documentary requirements for lending facilities following credit approval through to drawdown, including instructing and being the ongoing liaison with lawyers and valuers ensuring all conditions precedent /conditions of sanction are satisfied prior to draw down (you are a line of defence).
- Ongoing and annual account reviews to ensure compliance with the Bank's documentation and other requirements
- Account administration of new and existing customers including significant direct customer contact and providing excellent customer service
- Involvement and liaison with internal departments, especially CDD, AML remediation and UKJ - to ensure the Branch AML and KYC records meet the highest Regulatory standards.
- Liaison with internal departments and external counterparties to ensure the highest levels of (i) customer service and (ii) Good Administrative Order are delivered
- Support of marketing initiatives, assisting branch in building positive and long lasting relationships with local professionals, whilst undertaking daily responsibilities
- General office management and providing support to the Branch Manager regarding Health & Safety issues, Compliance, general administration, self-assessment etc.
- A demonstrable understanding of the products offered by Handelsbanken and a good understanding of competitor products, relevant industry and market driven trends.
- Involve Account Manager colleagues when a customer need has been identified.
- Working with the rest of the branch team to achieve joint goals in the branch business plan
- Operates in line with the Bank's Risk Management framework (including sub-frameworks) and relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate and timely escalation of any concerns to their line manager.
- 25 Hours of CPD per annum must be maintained
- Additional key deliverables will be considered/ discussed at PLUS discussion as part of the Wheel process
Research (by Harvard University) shows that women are particularly likely to second guess themselves and not apply - so if you are worried you don't meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying...
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent Handelsbanken effectively
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with impact, with people at all levels
- Integrity and discretion
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail and an organised approach to work
- Information classification: Open
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) is essential
- Assertive, flexible, proactive and conscientious
- Positive attitude
- Strong team player
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence thanks to a nationwide network of branches, and a long-term approach to customer relations. Each Handelsbanken branch operates as a local business enabling it to make decisions at a local level and provide a bespoke service. The focus is always on the need of the individual customer and not on the sale of specific products.
The Bank is deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities. This is so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work that encourages everyone to apply, regardless of socio-economic background, age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), veteran status, marital and civil partnership status, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
At Handelsbanken, we deeply value our unique culture and values including trust in and respect for each individual. We take pride in nurturing a work environment where people flourish, and where they are empowered to take decisions in their areas of expertise. We take a long term perspective in everything we do and want each employee who joins us to build a long terms successful career with the Bank.
What is in it for you?
Application next steps
- We have a wide range of learning and development available, empowering and enabling our colleagues to take ownership of their own development.
- Competitive Salary and an extensive range of benefits is provided, including private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance
- A market-leading pension contribution of 15% paid by the bank, which can be invested in a wide range of funds (including ESG and Shariah funds)
Your journey with us begins once you have submitted your application. One of our Handelsbanken recruiters will be reviewing your details and will later organise a phone conversation if you match the role requirements. If there is a mutual fit, we will extend an invitation for you to participate in an interview.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an interview or you have any requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This advert will be live for a minimum of two weeks. However, please note that after the two weeks, the closing date could change at any time depending on the number of responses received.