Job Introduction Main Responsibilities
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure clear and robust governance frameworks exist for data management, including data quality management, master data management, metadata management
- Design and implement data management procedures and guidance, acting as a champion for data governance, raising awareness of data controls, and helping the business to unlock the value of data
- Prepare, present and effectively communicate data governance issues and trends at data governance forums and management committees
- Work to support the business and technology teams to roll-out and maintain data management initiatives
- Provide advice and support on how data should be created and captured and maintained effectively, safely and collaboratively, working with data producers, consumers, and stewards
- Support and influence the definition of clear goals to improve data collaboration, data quality, and reduce data architecture complexity and information security risks
- Be passionate about data governance and continuously strive to promote data governance through the development of system and process controls
- Develop and maintain key reports covering data governance and management activities and metrics
- Perform regular horizon scanning, impact assessments and provide recommendations on new and emerging data-related regulation and industry trends
Research (by Harvard University) shows that women are particularly likely to second guess themselves and not apply - so if you are worried you don't meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying...
- Experience of leading data governance initiatives that have provided tangible business value
- Experience embedding governance processes and standards in a regulated environment.
- Good understanding of data governance and data quality frameworks and approaches
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and focus on continuous improvement
- Methodical approach and efficiency
- Strong presentation skills both written and oral; experienced in presenting complex data concepts to a business audience i.e. running workshops and formal data governance meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse stakeholder group, including senior stakeholders
- Ability to work well under pressure
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence thanks to a nationwide network of branches, and a long-term approach to customer relations. Each Handelsbanken branch operates as a local business enabling it to make decisions at a local level and provide a bespoke service. The focus is always on the need of the individual customer and not on the sale of specific products.
We are embarking on an exciting Business Transformation journey. This transformation will significantly enhance our technology system systems, processes and services, bringing evolution to our ways of working. Join us in this transformative journey, where your dedication, adaptability and commitment will play a crucial role in shaping the future of banking for our valued customers
The Bank is deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities. This is so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work that encourages everyone to apply, regardless of socio-economic background, age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), veteran status, marital and civil partnership status, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Check our Handelsbanken website
for further information
At Handelsbanken, we deeply value our unique culture and values including trust in and respect for each individual. We take pride in nurturing a work environment where people flourish, and where they are empowered to take decisions in their areas of expertise. We take a long term perspective in everything we do and want each employee who joins us to build a long terms successful career with the Bank.
What is in it for you?
Application next steps
- We have a wide range of learning and development available, empowering and enabling our colleagues to take ownership of their own development.
- Competitive Salary and an extensive range of benefits is provided, including private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance
- A market-leading pension contribution of 15% paid by the bank, which can be invested in a wide range of funds (including ESG and Shariah funds)
Your journey with us begins once you have submitted your application. One of our Handelsbanken recruiters will be reviewing your details and will later organise a phone conversation if you match the role requirements. If there is a mutual fit, we will extend an invitation for you to participate in an interview.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an interview or you have any requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This advert will be live for a minimum of two weeks. However, please note that after the two weeks, the closing date could change at any time depending on the number of responses received. The Ideal Candidate