Working within our UK Facilities team; t his position is integral to the bank, to ensure the efficient running of the reception area and to provide a warm and inviting customer experience to all stakeholders Main Responsibilities
- Professionally operate the front desk reception, delivering day to day exceptional guest relations and customer service tasks
- Assist with the smooth running of large meetings, internal and external events through liaising with event/ meeting host and organising the necessary logistics:
- Answer telephone calls via the switch board
- Be an active member of the wider facilities team and assist with duties such as health & safety, liaising with landlords & assisting with building maintenance issues
Research (by Harvard University) shows that women are particularly likely to second guess themselves and not apply - so if you are worried you don't meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying...
- Previous high end / luxury hospitality roles
- Some exposure to customer service with the ability to create extensive relationships with stakeholders
- Experienced in Microsoft Office - namely, Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle administration issues
- Confident, proactive individual
- An enthusiastic self-starter who maintains a friendly, professional demeanour at all times
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence thanks to a nationwide network of branches, and a long-term approach to customer relations. Each Handelsbanken branch operates as a local business enabling it to make decisions at a local level and provide a bespoke service. The focus is always on the need of the individual customer and not on the sale of specific products.
The Bank is deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities. This is so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work that encourages everyone to apply, regardless of socio-economic background, age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), veteran status, marital and civil partnership status, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Check our Handelsbanken website
for further information
At Handelsbanken, we deeply value our unique culture and values including trust in and respect for each individual. We take pride in nurturing a work environment where people flourish, and where they are empowered to take decisions in their areas of expertise. We take a long term perspective in everything we do and want each employee who joins us to build a long terms successful career with the Bank.
What is in it for you?
Application next steps
- We have a wide range of learning and development available, empowering and enabling our colleagues to take ownership of their own development.
- Competitive Salary and an extensive range of benefits is provided, including private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance
- A market-leading pension contribution of 15% paid by the bank, which can be invested in a wide range of funds (including ESG and Shariah funds)
Your journey with us begins once you have submitted your application. One of our Handelsbanken recruiters will be reviewing your details and will later organise a phone conversation if you match the role requirements. If there is a mutual fit, we will extend an invitation for you to participate in an interview.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an interview or you have any requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This advert will be live for a minimum of two weeks. However, please note that after the two weeks, the closing date could change at any time depending on the number of responses received.