Job Introduction Main Responsibilities
The Business Continuity Consultant (12 month FTC) will support the development of the Business Continuity programme in Handelsbanken plc, working effectively alongside an existing specialist team of BC professionals. This temporary 12 month role is required to backfill maternity cover to ensure key BC programme milestones continue to be met. The successful candidate will need to be experienced in all areas of Business Continuity in a Financial Services organisation in order to quickly establish themselves and be able to deliver on key BC initiatives in the Bank.
The Business Continuity Consultant will be a point of contact for all Business Continuity related queries. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the annual cycle of Business Impact Analyses (BIAs), Plans, testing and reporting across the entire UK Bank. They will also provide oversight and governance to ensure good practice is followed at the Bank, aligning to the BCI's Good Practice Guidelines.
- Proactively contribute to a continual improvement programme, identifying areas within the BC programme to reduce risk and ensure a more effective response to major disruptions
- Ensure new risks are identified and escalated through the correct channels with mitigation measures implemented reducing overall risk
- Support the development of BC preparedness reporting to Group and UK Stakeholders
- Maintain and Quality Assess all BC documentation
- Post exercise review and test report writing
- Support the delivery of the business continuity training and awareness activities in the Bank
- Provide support to the supplier assurance process and agreement owners to ensure suppliers have appropriate recovery arrangements
- Support Everbridge administration
Research (by Harvard University) shows that women are particularly likely to second guess themselves and not apply - so if you are worried you don't meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying...
- Excellent understanding and / or experience/qualification of Business Continuity Management principles and best practices (e.g. Business Continuity Institute)
- A good understanding of the UK Regulatory requirements relating to Operational Resilience (SS1/21 and SS2/21 Supervisory Statements)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to analyse, articulate and present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels of the organisation and represent Handelsbanken plc effectively
- Integrity and discretion
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail and an organised approach to work
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence thanks to a nationwide network of branches, and a long-term approach to customer relations. Each Handelsbanken branch operates as a local business enabling it to make decisions at a local level and provide a bespoke service. The focus is always on the need of the individual customer and not on the sale of specific products.
The Bank is deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities. This is so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work that encourages everyone to apply, regardless of socio-economic background, age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), veteran status, marital and civil partnership status, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
At Handelsbanken, we deeply value our unique culture and values including trust in and respect for each individual. We take pride in nurturing a work environment where people flourish, and where they are empowered to take decisions in their areas of expertise. We take a long term perspective in everything we do and want each employee who joins us to build a long terms successful career with the Bank.
What is in it for you?
Application next steps
- We have a wide range of learning and development available, empowering and enabling our colleagues to take ownership of their own development.
- Competitive Salary and an extensive range of benefits is provided, including private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance
- A market-leading pension contribution of 15% paid by the bank, which can be invested in a wide range of funds (including ESG and Shariah funds)
Your journey with us begins once you have submitted your application. One of our Handelsbanken recruiters will be reviewing your details and will later organise a phone conversation if you match the role requirements. If there is a mutual fit, we will extend an invitation for you to participate in an interview.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an interview or you have any requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email email@example.com .
This advert will be live for a minimum of two weeks. However, please note that after the two weeks, the closing date could change at any time depending on the number of responses received.