Job Introduction Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of a portfolio of private banking customers. Building relationships with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction through the provision of excellent customer service.
- Identifying, meeting and winning prospective new customers/introducers by outlining how we work and what we can offer in terms of service and facilities.
- Demonstrating a sound understanding of, and an ability to work within the Bank's Credit Policy, ensuring lending decisions are within the lending discretion awarded by the Branch Manager.
- The ability to interpret financial information provided by customers, evaluate lending propositions, assess & formulate risk ratings correctly and structure transactions.
- Using the appropriate Bank systems to complete Credit applications and annual reviews and using the Mortgage Keeper system to complete regulated mortgage paperwork/processes.
- To develop and maintain a sound understanding of the local market, and to maintain relationships with professional firms and introducers.
- A demonstrable understanding of the products offered by Handelsbanken and a good understanding of competitor products, relevant industry and market driven trends.
- Being able to demonstrate an ability to identify and offer customers on a needs basis, the appropriate Handelsbanken product/s, whilst also being able to communicate succinctly all the relevant features, benefits and risks.
- General administration, preparation of legal documentation for accounts, personal loans and mortgages, maintaining customer's files (including CDD/AML requirements), preparing annual reviews and making payments.
- Working with the rest of the Branch team to ensure the highest levels of (i) customer service, and (ii) Good Administrative Order, as well as working together to achieve the goals on the Branch Business Plan
- Primary responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the Branch Mortgage Matrix, with liaison with the Branch Manager
- Full adherence to the RMC Responsible Lending Policy, the RMC Training and Competency Guide, thee RMC Sales Process & Competence Guide. Ongoing assessment of competent mortgage observations and satisfactory file checks, liaison with Mortgage Support Team as required, to ensure adherence to the above.
- Operates in line with the Bank's Risk Management framework (including sub-frameworks) and relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate and timely escalation of any concerns to their line manager.
Research (by Harvard University) shows that women are particularly likely to second guess themselves and not apply - so if you are worried you don't meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying...
- CeMAP qualified
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good understanding of the Bank's credit processes and personal customer product offering
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Structured work practice and a strong sense of administrative order
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent Handelsbanken effectively
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with impact with people at all levels
- Integrity and discretion
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence thanks to a nationwide network of branches, and a long-term approach to customer relations. Each Handelsbanken branch operates as a local business enabling it to make decisions at a local level and provide a bespoke service. The focus is always on the need of the individual customer and not on the sale of specific products.
The Bank is deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities. This is so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work that encourages everyone to apply, regardless of socio-economic background, age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), veteran status, marital and civil partnership status, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
At Handelsbanken, we deeply value our unique culture and values including trust in and respect for each individual. We take pride in nurturing a work environment where people flourish, and where they are empowered to take decisions in their areas of expertise. We take a long term perspective in everything we do and want each employee who joins us to build a long terms successful career with the Bank.
What is in it for you?
Application next steps
- We have a wide range of learning and development available, empowering and enabling our colleagues to take ownership of their own development.
- Competitive Salary and an extensive range of benefits is provided, including private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance
- A market-leading pension contribution of 15% paid by the bank, which can be invested in a wide range of funds (including ESG and Shariah funds)
Your journey with us begins once you have submitted your application. One of our Handelsbanken recruiters will be reviewing your details and will later organise a phone conversation if you match the role requirements. If there is a mutual fit, we will extend an invitation for you to participate in an interview.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to provide support e.g. if you need additional time to prepare for an interview or you have any requirements for any part of the interview/hiring process - just let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This advert will be live for a minimum of two weeks. However, please note that after the two weeks, the closing date could change at any time depending on the number of responses received.