Job Description: About DWS:
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers. Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas, and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,900 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors - entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients' future. About the Portfolio Services Team
Portfolio Services is a core Investment Operations unit within DWS covering services for funds and mandates across global asset classes. These services achieve an overarching niche of securities maintenance responsibilities prescribed to asset management companies by applicable laws, regulatory bodies, and stakeholders. Teams within the Portfolio Services unit perform processing and oversight duties of Proxy Voting, Corporate Actions, and Class Actions activities on behalf of DWS products in scope. Furthermore, the area is responsible for any Collateral Management related activities and capturing model portfolio trades. Portfolio Services team members actively collaborate with other global teams across DWS (Trade Operations, Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, et al.) in pursuit of operational enhancements and the fulfilment of business objectives laid out by management and the investment platform. Explanation of the position
As a member of the Portfolio Services Department, Operations Specialist is responsible for the oversight of Proxy Voting, Class Actions and Corporate Actions processes. The Proxy Process includes Proxy Voting (Extraordinary General Meetings, Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings). Class Action includes monitoring open issues, inquiries with Vendor along with reconciling, reviewing deficiencies with Vendors/Custodians. Corporate Action process includes both Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Action event types and extends to oversight responsibilities of Proxy Voting (Extraordinary General Meetings, Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings). Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills & Experience:
- Proxy Voting responsibilities include ensuring all proxies are voted in the best economic interest of clients according to the DWS Proxy Voting Policy & Guidelines and in compliance with US proxy voting regulations. The team is the direct point of contact for the Proxy Voting Sub-Committee, Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Managers, Board Relations, and Institutional Shareholder Services (DWS Proxy Vendor) for all voting matters. The team is a first line of defense and acts as a liaison between aforementioned parties for various escalation, oversight, reporting, and secretarial responsibilities.
- Class Actions responsibilities include coordinating the filing of eligible claims with vendors, law firms, and DWS legal teams to ensure participation and good standing of DWS funds' claims, confirming receipt of checks / income upon settlement of claims.
- Corporate Actions responsibilities include oversight of the following lifecycle: announcement capture, notification, entitlement calculation, entitlement booking (stock and/or cash), voluntary instruction management, and pay date process such as payable/receivable claim management (stock and/or cash).
What we'll offer you:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other related field)
- 3-5 years' experience in the securities industry
- Experience in Proxy Voting Operations, Asset/Wealth Management, Custodian Operations, Prime Brokerage, or Broker-Dealer preferred
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (proficiency in MS Excel preferred)
- Possess moderate understanding of the objective and lifecycle of a Shareholder Meeting
- Possess moderate understanding of the lifecycle of a Trade
- Possess moderate understanding of the lifecycle of a Corporate Action
- Experience with Proxy Exchange (ISS) or Aladdin (BRS) applications a plus
- Well-versed in ESG and its impact on asset management, investors, and society at-large
- Excellent client service and problem-solving skills including ability to breakdown complex issue to the investment platform (portfolio managers)
- Ability to lead, adapt quickly, and work independently under time sensitive and high pressure demands
- Agile, business-oriented, and risk-cognizant mindset
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
How we'll support you:
- Competitive Salary and Matched 401K Savings Plan
- Generous Paid Time Away plus Bank Holidays
- Health and Life Insurance Plans for you and your family
- Work/Life Balance Programs including Adoption/Surrogacy/Infertility Assistance, Backup Care through Bright Horizons, Phase Back to Work and Support for New Mothers
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, Commuter Discounts and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support wide-ranging volunteer programs, + 1 day volunteering leave per year, matched personal donations to non-profit organizations dollar-for-dollar, up to $5,000
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
It is DWS's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Jacksonville office in accordance with the firm's hybrid working model.
DWS provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion. DWS Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds, and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Privacy Statement
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. Click here to view DWS' Privacy Notice.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .