Our client is a reputable and established financial services firm, currently seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join their Fund Management department. Responsible for data management, portfolio analysis for risk and performance, and reporting, the Portfolio Analyst will be a crucial member of the team to ensure that the funds are positioned in accordance with investment objectives.
Location: Surrey, BC Expected
Salary Range: $90,000 – $110,000 per year
- Monitor the performance, positioning, and risk metrics of funds to ensure their alignment with respective strategies and investment objectives.
- Collaborate with the department leaders to update forecast models for fund yield, conducting analysis to guide future strategies and evaluate the impact of diverse product offerings.
- Work with the finance department and department head to conduct cash flow analysis and manage treasury functions.
- Compile relevant monthly reporting to meet compliance requirements for the funds, as well as KPIs and materials for board of directors’ meetings.
- Aid in managing due diligence requests from relevant stakeholders, such as institutional investors.
- Analyze key industry players to ensure optimal value for shareholders and support portfolio strategy.
- Liaise with other departments requiring fund information and portfolio data.
- Propose new ideas for improvement and other projects to enhance processes and drive efficiencies, while collaborating across departments.
- At least 4 years’ experience working as an Analyst or similar role in finance, commercial lending, credit, and/or investment management.
- Post secondary education in business or other focus areas.
- CFA charter holder or working towards obtaining is an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with an ability to build financial models and manipulate large data sets.
- Applied experience analyzing quantitative investment data to draw insights and make recommendations.
- Experience with database and/or quantitative tools is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with various internal and external members.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Organized, accuracy-focused and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize workload and work within key deadlines.
- An enthusiastic team player with a passion for financial markets, and with a focus on continuous improvement and learning.
Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume by clicking on the "APPLY" button. McNeill Nakamoto is committed to recruiting with a focus on equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion, therefore, we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only select individuals will be contacted for follow-up.