The Vacancy OUR PROGRAMME Are you in your final year of sixth form or college and looking to kick-start a career in financial services?
CBAM's school leaver programme is designed by industry experts to get your career in Wealth Planning off to the best start. So alongside invaluable practical experience, we'll provide the knowledge, skills and qualifications you need to become a Chartered Financial Planner.
Your journey begins alongside your peers on the programme with a full induction week in September 2024, learning about the business before you take up your role as a Client Service Executive. It's here that you will gain both practical experience and support to pass your first set of Diploma level exams.
When successful you will then progress into a Paraplanner role and continue on the job learning and your exam journey, sitting the Advanced Diploma level exams in order to obtain Chartered status.
We cover the cost of exams, and support you throughout offering both training workshops, and time off to study. You'll be paired with an experienced mentor and will also have opportunity to shadow business leader.
This year's programme offers three roles based in either our Chester or our Birmingham office. Here's is a bit more about the roles that you'll enjoy at Close Brothers Asset Management: Client Service Executive
The role of the Client Service Executive (CSE) is client and adviser service focused. It is the CSE's responsibility is to ensure client on-boarding and ongoing service queries are managed efficiently and in a timely manner. Responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely client data entry onto Close Brothers Asset Management and third party platforms/systems to specified Service Level Agreement
- Ongoing client communications regarding meetings, arranging appointments, diary management and processing of client queries and instructions - either directly or by referring to the relevant team as appropriate
- Preparing meeting packs, annual review packs and valuations for client appointments
- Document management - ensuring documentation is scanned, saved and archived in accordance with our operating procedures
- Liaising and working with colleagues across the Practice to ensure success and achieve operational efficiency and profitability
The role of the Paraplanner is to provide support to our Financial Planners, and ultimately our clients, throughout the advice process which includes understanding the clients' requirements, preparing suitability reports, and undertaking product research and technical analysis. Responsibilities include :
- Discuss client objectives with the Financial Planner during debrief. Identify any shortfalls in client information and discuss with the Financial Planner
- Request and review all necessary information and undertake financial analysis to produce financial reports for discussion with the Financial Planner
- Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client's needs
- Request and obtain information/comparisons for analysis by the Financial Planner within agreed timeframes, in addition to application forms and other associated paperwork
- Consider current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to client risk profile
- Prepare draft recommendation reports to be discussed and signed off by the Financial Planner
Having completed the programme you will be ready to take the next step in your Wealth Planning career as a Chartered Financial Planner. Here are some of the responsibilities a Financial Planner would expect:
Who are we looking for?
- To plan, implement and build client portfolios in line with their individual requirements and planning goals
- Ongoing development of existing client relationships
- Grow client base in line with agreed individual targets through personal business development, e.g. existing clients, referrals, introductions from professionals
- Develop a collaborative productive relationship with the Business Development Team
- Ensure all periodic client reviews are completed in line with client's expectations
- Remain compliant (measures include: Business Quality Assurance (BQA) grades, CPD, complaints upheld, maintaining SPS)
- Achieve all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) measured via a Balanced Business Scorecard (BBS)
- Work in partnership with team members, sharing best practice and developing client acquisition strategies
- Execute a client centric migration process on an ongoing basis as required
We are looking for final year students either in sixth form or college with predicted grades of ABB or equivalent
to join our programme commencing in September 2024. Candidates who have no more than one year out of formal education having achieved these grades are also welcome to apply.
We are a people business and work with a diverse range of individuals, families and organisations, and it's important that our people reflect this. Does this sound like you?
The recruitment process
- A keen interest to learn about financial services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to use initiative
- A willingness to learn
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Applications for this year's programme close on 31 December 2023
- Following application screening, we will invite candidate to undergo psychometric testing
- The next step is an initial call with our internal Talent team
- The final step is an in-person assessment centre, these will be held on the following dates:
- Chester - 8 February 2024
- Birmingham - 13 February 2024
As an employer, Close Brothers Asset Management is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce. We provide equality of opportunity and will aim to ensure that no employee's or candidates are subject to discrimination on grounds of any characteristics including but not withstanding gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, working pattern, caring responsibilities, political beliefs. We appreciate that from time to time, recruitment agencies will have speculative CVs that they may wish to submit to our Talent Acquisition team in relation to a specific role. To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Close Brothers, that have not been authorised in advance, by us, will be ineligible for an agency fee. Thank you.