A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You'll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
Our Deals Tax team works closely with our Deals practice to advise on the tax implications of all aspects of transactions including; Mergers & Acquisition, Business Recovery Services and Real Assets and Credit. Part of the wider Corporate Tax network, we work collaboratively across specialisms to drive value and help our clients succeed at all stages of the deal lifecycle.
We are looking for Senior Managers across all our Deals Tax practice. The team operates on a national basis so that no matter where individuals are located, we bring the best experts to our clients and the broadest range of opportunities to our people. Our client base is truly international and we pride ourselves on the strength of our network.
Our team is fueled by open and curious minds who are passionate about their work. As part of the team you'll experience unparalleled opportunities to develop your career. You'll work on complex and challenging projects and gain experience working with prestigious and diverse clients - from high profile multinational organisations and private equity firms to start-ups and owner-managed businesses.
- Work in a team to deliver bespoke tax advice and implications in a fast-paced and evolving deals market
- Play a key role in developing relationships with clients and junior members of the team
- Seek specialist input from other parts of tax and wider network - in particular Transaction Service and non-UK teams
- Be actively involved in business development activities, helping to identify and research opportunities with new and existing clients
- Use technical knowledge and commercial awareness to help solve important problems for our clients
- Take responsibility for developing your own and the team's technical and business acumen; keeping up to date with business and economic issues, industry insights and sharing your experience and technical knowledge as part of a team.
Essential skills and experience
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CAI) or Chartered Tax Advisor (ATT, CTA) or equivalent international qualification
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and networks, both within the UK and overseas
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Strong analytical, project management and report writing skills.
- An inquisitive mind and ability to solve problems as part of a diverse team
- Ability to use tax technical knowledge & insights in a fast paced commercial environment