Who we are looking for
The State Street Cyber Architecture & Engineering team is looking for a Head of Secure DevOps & Secure Systems Engineering. The Security Architecture & Governance Engineering team delivers architectural solutions, platforms, pipelines, and security tooling to secure State Street's digital footprint. We are looking for established experience with cloud platform services, DevSecOps and Site Reliability Engineering practices such as build/release management, secure SDLC/DevSecOps practices such as automating security processes in CI/CD pipeline, and general automation. The candidate will also have experience with Systems Security Engineering (SSE) and including secure configuration management, monitoring and systems integrity assurance. The ideal candidate will show eagerness to learn and grow in all aspects of technical solutioning and will design, implement, and support agile solutions and processes leveraged by a large number of applications and infrastructure platforms hosted in our environments.
What you will be responsible for
• Help to build our SecDevOps Strategy and SSE & SRE Solutions to integrate cybersecurity into the organizational adoption and improvement of agile practices.
• Partner with Engineering team leads to create, implement, and apply SecDevOps principles, processes and culture that are consumed by corporate engineering operations teams.
• Provide subject matter expertise in various risk assessments, working in an Agile environment with an understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
• Partner with development and operations teams to facilitate practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and when required, engage the resources to find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
• Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevSecOps, SSE, and SRE initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice.
• Assist application teams with onboarding to the adopted security tools/technologies; working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to such integrations.
• Deliver tasks based on project objectives; technically support projects through to completion.
• Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality, documented and support transition of operational activities.
• Work with teams to continuously improve DevSecOps, SSE and SRE processes and tools.
• You will mentor other engineers and promote software engineering best practices across the organization designing systems with monitoring, auditing, reliability, and security at their core and be active in evaluating and recommending new technologies.
What we value
• Provide career guidance, mentoring, and training pathing for DevSecOps, SSE and SRE team members.
• Work with our team, stakeholders, and teaming partners throughout the systems implementation lifecycle to understand the enterprise requirements and develop the holistic technical solution that is both unique and best positioned.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or related field with 10 years of relevant experience in industry, government, or consulting roles.
• Experience building and securing cloud-based and on-premise environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP, CoLos and physical data centers.
• Proven technical solutioning experience with current and emerging technologies including, but not limited to: Agile Development, DevOps, Cloud Engineering, System Hardening, DevSecOps, Cybersecurity, Cloud Security.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills across internal and external organizations.
• Ability to prioritize and manage several projects or priorities simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel (executive to entry level).
• Master's degree in IT, computer science, or related field with 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience building and leading teams of DevSecOps, SRE, or SSE Engineers.
• Deep experience with cloud DevOps tooling and expertise in container native systems and associated security and scaling considerations - ability to work with and build tooling that works in a multi/hybrid cloud environment with modern CI/CD, IaC, DataOps, and DevSecOps best practices.
• Experience working or developing Kubernetes autoscaling tools and deep experience with container and cloud security principles.
• Experience with Information Security: applying STIGs, IAVAs, CIS hardening guidelines and maintaining/updating security documentation and systems security plans.
• Experience with VMware/VMC, Nutanix, Network Platforms, Windows & Linux administration.
• Security+ or other cybersecurity or network security certification.
• Experience using common automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Terraform.
• Experience with one or more common programming languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and AI driven, digital-first customer experiences.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company. Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark in our industry!
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to a flexible work program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$155,000 - $230,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.