Overview Job Title: Pershing X, Application Development Manager, Alternatives Lead Who we are:
BNY Mellon has been a pioneer in the global capital markets for nearly 240 years, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive and redefining what it means to be the trusted financial services institution. BNY Mellon is a platform provider through which our clients build their businesses. Our differentiated model allows us to play a critical role as a central orchestrator in the global financial ecosystem.
- In Securities Services, we power and connect our clients to a robust investment ecosystem that supports their business at every stage. A fifth of all global assets flow through our platform, and while we are most known for our more than $40 trillion in assets under custody and administration, we also have more than $40 trillion of assets on our Data & Analytics platform
- In Wealth and Market Infrastructure, we are the backbone of our clients' capital markets and payments capabilities, playing a core role in collateral management, markets, and treasury services and our Pershing business is the leading wealth technology provider. With $3.6 trillion in average tri-party collateral management balances, $2 trillion of global payments moved daily, and more than $2 trillion in Pershing global client assets, we deliver the critical platforms and services for institutional and corporate ecosystems to operate and thrive
- In Investment and Wealth Management, we are a leading provider delivering expertise from our eight world-class investment firms and providing differentiated capabilities in wealth advice across investments, banking, custody, and wealth and estate planning. With $2.2 trillion in assets under management, we are the 7th largest asset manager globally and 7th largest private bank and trust company.
We bring together these broad solutions and deep expertise to bolster our clients' success. We are reimagining financial ecosystems and placing data and open platforms at the heart of the transformation. In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies globally and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums. Join us as we define the next evolution of financial services and deliver on our mission to power individuals and institutions to succeed across the financial world. Pershing X:
Pershing X is a start-up to incubate, engineer and deliver breakthrough solutions that will transform the advisory market. Pershing X is delivering the industry's leading end-to-end advisory platform, helping financial service firms solve the challenge of managing multiple and disconnected technology tools and data sets for their advisors and fueling our clients' business growth. We are a collaborative and fast-growing team working on exciting and innovative digital product offerings. Key Role Responsibilities:
The Application Development Group Manager - Alternatives Lead
is responsible for strategic deliverables that support our development of new point solutions and platforms related to the alternative investment ecosystem. The individual will lead these efforts for Pershing X and act as the primary point for coordination development for Pershing X with other key partners, including across BNY Mellon's wider collection of businesses. Specific responsibilities include: This is a hybrid role.
- Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process.
- Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.
- Analyzes organizational needs for application development and interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business requirements.
- Oversees applications programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs.
- Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications.
- Interfaces regularly with clients and project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications.
- Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems.
- Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis.
- Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Acts as an advocate for change management; encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.
- Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
If you are looking to collaborate with great people on exciting, innovative products, thrive in building products that users love, have a strong technical understanding, an eye for design and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then we want to speak to you!
This position is in our Jersey City, NJ Pershing X headquarters and Tribeca, NY BNY Mellon Global Headquarters. Candidate profile
The ideal candidate would have a passion for and track record in:
- Being entrepreneurial and self-directed - operate as an owner
- Being ambitious and driven to deliver market-changing innovations in an accelerated timeline
- Being growth oriented yet pragmatic, able to balance a compelling vision with execution
- Being a creative problem solver with grit - consistently finding ways to overcome limitations
- Being detail oriented - understanding the nuances that can impact overall outcomes
- Being a thoughtful communicator who can express complex ideas in simple, practical terms
- Being goal oriented - with a clear and persistent vision and a tireless drive to over-deliver
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required
- Must have prior experience building and supporting Alternatives businesses and drive technology to deploy and integrate into enterprise, MicroServices platforms
- Advanced knowledge of software architecture and design methodologies
- Deep knowledge of web programming, distributed systems, performance testing and tuning.
- Good knowledge and experience using Snowflake or a relational database.
- Strong understanding of web application security and secure coding principles.
- Ability to solve complex software system issues.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of other browser client-side frameworks a plus.
- Working knowledge in following tools - GIT, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, Git, JIRA, Maven, SonarQube, Junit, Selenium, preferred
- Familiarity with DevOps CI / CD tools and techniques.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure-based application solutions especially Azure is a plus
- Experience in web design, styling, CSS a plus.
- Time management skills to meet the expectations of a dynamic environment.
- Experience in securities or financial services industries, particularly fintech or wealth management a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience, required; advanced degree preferred
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $111,000 and $230,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.