What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in joining a diverse and collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to learn continuously and develop professionally? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop relationships with research professionals, institutional investors and other capital markets individuals in Canada and globally? Are you looking for a competitive total rewards program? Your primary focus will be to support the Energy Analyst specifically on coverage of the Canadian junior and intermediate exploration and production sector.
What will you do?
- Develop and enhance detailed company specific and industry macro financial models
- Maintain and develop sector specific databases and presentations
- Maintain relationships with coverage companies, investors and others internally within Capital Markets
- Analyze financial statements, company specific information and industry specific data
- Assist with writing research notes and sector reports
What do you need to succeed?
- An Undergraduate degree. A focus on business, finance, or accounting is preferred
- A CA/CMA, MBA, CFA designation or CFA exam enrollment is preferred
- Efficient writing capabilities
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Detail oriented with solid analytical/critical thinking skills and ability to synthesize data points into trends beyond the mainstream
- Energetic, self-motivated and an ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Process oriented with the ability to learn quickly on the job
- Demonstrated passion for equity/financial markets
- Previous experience in a Research related role an asset.
- Knowledge of GeoSCOUT
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Opportunities to learn continuously and develop professionally
- Opportunities to build close relationships with coverage companies, investors and others internally within Capital Markets
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies