Market Hub is a startup dedicated to the development, exploitation, management, and commercialization of market software solutions. With 3 years of uninterrupted activity, Market Hub started as a specialized trading unit within an investment agent and spun off as its own project. The company specializes in the development of algorithmic trading strategies based on quantitative models. In addition to its main proprietary trading activity, Market Hub has partner with other quant teams to deploy new projects. The team consists of 9 people divided into 4 specialized operational areas (research, trading, development, and infrastructure, with external support for HHRR, management and legal), which allows a comprehensive approach in all stages of development. The different areas are composed of professionals with diverse backgrounds (mathematicians, computer scientists, physicists, engineers, and finance professionals, including PhDs and PhD students) to achieve a comprehensive view of the markets.Location:
Market Hub is looking for a general manager who has the ability to lead, organize, and control the daily functioning of the team. The selected candidate will work closely with the company's president and coordinate all the team's periodic activities. We are looking for candidates with proven experience and business acumen in the Hedge Fund industry or proprietary trading firms, especially those that use quantitative models and algorithmic trading execution.Responsibilities
- Define the projects to attack together with the board, based on an analysis of the team's capabilities and market opportunities.
- Report to the board on the progress of each project.
- Work with the research team to define the underlying models and design permanent optimization processes, as well as efficient execution models for each strategy.
- Collaborate with the trading team to analyze the markets in search of niches where to deploy existing models and define the approach for new niches. Monitor daily executions to optimize environmental factors and control risk exposure.
- Work with the development team to define the overall architecture of the projects, assign developers to different projects, set sprints and deliverables, and document the progress.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to define the suite of tools, partners, and exchanges needed to support the processes derived from the other areas, including backtesting systems, execution, connectivity, servers, monitoring systems, and internal and external databases.
- Interact with support areas (HR, Administration and Accounting, Compliance and Legal) to adjust the resources needed to develop projects.
- 5 years of prior work experience at a Hedge Fund, financial institution, or proprietary trading firm.
- Knowledge of data-oriented programming languages, database management, and simulation model development.
- General knowledge of traditional market structures (exchanges, fees, connectivity, APIs, OMS/EMS platforms, margins and collateral) as well as crypto.
- Project Management skills oriented to software development.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set, organize, and meet priorities.
- Highly motivated, with initiative and thirst for knowledge and creativity.
- Good "experimental" skills.
- Ability to work daily as part of a team in a dynamic environment while maintaining the overall vision of the medium and long term goals.
- Great communicational skills to promote team spirit and mange different profiles.
(Fluency in Spanish is valued.)
- Ability to deploy virtual management strategies to manage the team in the long run.
- Contract conditions, salary and benefits package negotiable
- Young and dynamic team, with the possibility of redesigning schemes and leading projects.
- Seed-stage startup with plans to reach its first Series A round.