The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join Close Brothers Credit Risk team where you will be responsible for underwriting transactions originating in our recently created Growth and Investment Capital Business (GIC) where focus is on provision of senior debt facilities for investment and MBO / MBI transactions.
Working as part of the team, our ideal team member will have credit approval experience in a financial institution with excellent communication skills. RESPONSIBILITIES
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Develop a strong understanding of the Bank's business model and how transactions should be structured across all divisions with specific focus on the GIC business where the role holder will lead stakeholder management and provide dedicated SME advice and guidance on all credit risk matters
- Underwrite transactions arising in all Bank businesses within delegated credit authority and to agreed SLAs. Decisions should be clearly and concisely articulated with clarity on any conditions attaching.
- To be an active credit member of the Group's Credit Committee, providing active contributions to committee including challenge and analysis on transactions presented for approval
- To lead engagement with GIC business team providing advice and guidance on proposals through open and two way dialogue
- To own and manage the GIC credit policy ensuring policy remains aligned with Business and wider Bank Credit Risk appetite and contribute more broadly to Bank risk policies
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- You have experience within financial services environment of credit approval and management
- You have significant experience in use of financial modelling tools and conducting financial due diligence on customer proposals
- You hold good knowledge of banking products and services
- You have sound appreciation of security, legal and documentation risks associated with transactions
- You have audit or accountancy experience at a top 30 UK practice
- Are a Qualified Chartered Accountant or similar
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back. ABOUT US
For roles offering hybrid working: At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: