Founded in 2010 by ex-investment bankers, my client is a disruptive financial technology (FinTech) company. Their clients are made up of Leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses, and brokerage firms (collectively representing over 20 trillion dollars of AUM).
My clients AI-assisted Software Products offer market-leading trade data analysis in the following areas: Market Abuse; Operational Risk; Best Execution; Anti Money Laundering and Comms Surveillance. They are headquartered in London, with further offices in New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Hong Kong, although they are expanding rapidly! Products
My client's products offer market-leading trade data analysis. Each one is the result of identifying extremely challenging, unsolved problems and innovating rigorous, non-superficial solutions by thinking deeply about the nature and structure of financial markets. Their products are therefore truly best-in-class, employing novel approaches that not only lead the industry but stand to change it fundamentally.
- Their products are currently in use among leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses, and brokerage firms.
- Their asset management customers control over USD 19 trillion in AUM.
- Their hedge fund customers control over USD 500 billion in AUM.
- Their bank customers include some of the most sophisticated and largest global banks.
They are seeking an experienced Quantitative Developer to help design, build, and validate models as well as create the financial pricing libraries, calculators and risk/pricing-related algorithms.
The successful candidate will combine excellent mathematical skills with the proven ability to engineer high-quality software. The role will attract applicants who are keen to apply their mathematical and software engineering skills in a practical setting. Responsibilities:
- Development of sophisticated pattern-detection algorithms to be utilised across all of TradingHub's product offerings
- Development of financial pricing libraries, calculators as well as risk/pricing-related algorithms
- Research and development of broad models of market dynamics across multiple asset classes
- Prototyping, testing, and validation of TradingHub's proprietary mathematical/statistical models
- Use of in-house big data language for the large-scale pricing and analysis of security and risk data
- Implementation and optimisation of the core algorithms used by TradingHub to perform deep analysis of financial data
- Proficiency with C#, Python or another object-oriented programming language
- Evidence of exceptional mathematical and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry
- Understanding of derivatives (e.g. swaps, options, futures), able to translate a stream of cash flows into risk
- Confidence to experiment with new ideas and technologies
- STEM degree or relevant industry experience within a programming-related field
- Desirable skills/competencies:
- Experience of the fixed-income asset class (Desirable)