The Vacancy Overall Summary
A leading liquidity provider; Winterflood Securities Limited, is currently seeking a Financial Crime Analyst to join a well-established, close-knit team.
In this existing role, the incoming hire will support the Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer in the successful design, development and delivery of the financial crime framework for Winterflood, and to ensure the Firm complies with financial regulatory requirements relating to Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Tax Evasion and Fraud. Key Responsibilities
- Assist the MLRO and DMLRO in designing, developing and maintaining the FCC framework within Winterflood Securities. Deputise for the DMLRO when required.
- Assist the MLRO and DMLRO to develop standards, policies and procedures appropriate to the Firm, taking into account the risk profile and appetite of the firm as defined in policies and standards and in line with relevant regulatory requirements - including FCA Handbook and guidance from the JMLSG.
Required Skills & Experience
- Develop and deploy a training programme for all relevant staff and management to ensure appropriate understanding and awareness of the subject of financial crime
- Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure effective functioning of financial crime tools
- Assist in FCC projects as directed by the MLRO/DMLRO
- Ensure knowledge is maintained of forthcoming regulatory and legislative change impacting FCC.
- Day to day management of the output of screening, conducting appropriate reviews and making decisions / recommendations as to the risks posed to the business
- Assistance to the first line in an advisory capacity
- Actively propose solutions which may assist the Firm in developing systems and controls to detect and prevent financial crimes.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the Firm in all areas of Financial Crime Prevention and detection.
- Engaging with the firms Senior Management when required and to represent FCC during applicable committees and meetings.
- Assist the client onboarding team to provide assurance to the Business Approval Committee as to the acceptability of proposed new client relationships
- Maintaining appropriate records and audit trail to satisfy legal, regulatory and audit requirements
- Ensuring compliance management are aware of the operation of controls through the provision of relevant, timely and robust management information and escalation of identified issues.
- Assist in collation and validation of data for regulatory reporting
- Assist the DMLRO to Provide advice to the business on the financial crime risks associated with new product developments
- Assist in the execution of ad-hoc projects as required
- Upwards of 2 years' experience working in Financial Crime Advisory within Capital Markets
- Demonstrable understanding of Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorism Financing and Sanctions.
- Recent exposure to Tax Evasion and Anti-bribery/Corruption (desired)
- A willingness to embrace a varied workload, befitting of a small team
- A strong ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and use own initiative
- Effective and proficient communication and written skills
- Track record of maintaining high performance standards; clear focus and commitment to driving great customer outcomes, profitability, and shareholder values
- Ability to foster a strong positive culture (inclusive of the achievement of D&I objectives) aligned to the overall Company culture within a division or significant department.
Salary - competitive
- Discretionary annual bonus & annual pay review
- Work Abroad Policy for up to 15 days per year
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional well-being day
- Option to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Flexible working options available, including hybrid working
- Pension scheme up to 10% employer contribution
- Sharesave scheme
- Income Protection & Life insurance (4 x salary core level of cover)
- Private health care via BUPA
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Variety of travel to work schemes
Company benefits are provided on completion of either six months service, or a successful probation period whichever is sooner.
Entitlement outlined above is in respect of full-time entitlement, and will be provided to part-time workers on a prorate basis in accordance with the relevant scheme rules.
All benefits are subject to rules of the scheme and associated provider. The Company in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right to discontinue, vary or amend any of the aforementioned benefits.
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life. We appreciate that from time to time, recruitment agencies will have speculative CVs that they may wish to submit to our Talent Acquisition team in relation to a specific role. To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Close Brothers, that have not been authorised in advance, by us, will be ineligible for an agency fee. Thank you.