We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
Our Real Estate experts sit within our Privately-owned Businesses team, as part of our wider Tax and Legal practice. We provide specialist tax advice for a broad spectrum of clients from large Real Estate Investment Trust's to high net worth individual property owners.
The Southern Region is a key area for the Real Estate industry and leads the firm's input into high worth and complex consulting across major property investors and other specialist organisations. It also contains our specialist knowledge in social housing - traditionally 'not for profit' but now expanding into 'for profit' models.
By joining our team you'll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service.
It's a specialist tax role which is flexible between Real Estate tax and general tax consulting.
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Developing effective working relationships with both our interesting clients (including many well-known brands) and internal stakeholders, collaborating with other teams across the firm when delivering projects.
- Maintaining relevant tax knowledge, staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
- Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues.
- Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to juniors within the team while keeping more senior stakeholders updated on progress.
- Opportunities to work directly with a broad range of experienced Private Business and Private client Directors and Managers, locally, nationally and across the PwC Network
- Being part of a growing team, helping to identify and develop new opportunities, including involvement in developing new client relationships.
Essential skills and experience
- ACA/CTA Qualified
- Able to focus on real estate and housing, but build into other areas as necessary.
- Experience across relevant taxes to the role (Corporation Tax, VAT, Stamp Duty Land Tax and Construction Industry Scheme).
- Broad commercial knowledge of the real estate/social business sectors.
- Good project management skills - able to assist in the management of several complex client projects and plan their own workload.
- Good communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on some of the client relationships in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
- Excellent written communication - including report writing, technical memo drafting and concise advice for clients.
- Efficient use of technology - in managing client relationships, carrying out analysis and producing deliverables.
Desirable skills and experience
- Managing tax structuring or tax deals assignments.