Details of the Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank benefits from having a highly experienced and dedicated Anti Financial Crime (AFC) function, which performs a crucial role in keeping DBs business operations and global financial services clean from financial crime while serving the interests of the bank and society. Our regional/global matrix structure allows for flexible responses to challenges in the core areas of: Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption, Investigations & Intelligence, Monitoring & Screening, and Risk Assessment.
Our AFC Team will provide you with opportunities to learn, grow and define your career. We foster an open, diverse, and inclusive team culture, that is engaged and well-supported for prosperity and enjoyment of a life/work balance.
The purpose of the Anti-Financial Crime/Financial Crime Operations (AFC/FCO) is to monitor transactions and to identify potentially unusual and suspicious transaction behavior in order to detect and prevent the misuse of its products and accounts for the purpose of money laundering or terrorist financing (ML/TF).
The main focus of the role is to investigate cases either from manual creation or creation of investigations from the TM systems following the Investigation Guidelines.
The Asia-Pacific Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Department supports Deutsche Bank businesses in the region manage AFC risk, is responsible for ensuring that related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal DB policies as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
The AVP IPB AML Investigations Officer's primary responsibility will be handling escalated alerts and cases and conducting investigations while performing other FCO-related duties such as User Acceptance Testing. The candidate is expected to be equipped with wealth management relevant product knowledge and bring expertise in investigative processes and effective alert and case-handling procedures.What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center.You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Flexible benefits plan including virtual doctor consultation services
- Comprehensive leave benefits
- Gender Neutral Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday & Flexible Working Arrangement
Your skills and experience:
- The AML Investigations Officer will be located in Singapore and reports to Head of IPB AML Investigations or delegated manager. Depending on the experience of the candidate, some or all of the following responsibilities will be assigned:
- Perform AML monitoring of assigned businesses or jurisdictions.
- Perform or support autonomous reviews and investigations.
- Coordinate and/or prepare the required management information reporting data for local, regional or global submission as applicable.
- Participate in FCO-related technical and project work and user-acceptance tests.
- Provide input on key initiatives and other ad hoc projects as needed.
- Review and investigate system-generated alerts and ad-hoc cases within the mandated timeframe.
- Review and analyze daily AML/CTF cases to address transactions that contravene the banks/regulatory policies.
- Ensure that review and investigation conclusions are adequately and properly documented for regulatory/audit level review.
- Conduct internet and external database searches to ensure no relevant adverse information is noted on the client/parties.
- Ensure the risk coverage for the bank from an AML/CTF perspective.
- Ensure that potential areas of risk (financial, reputational and regulatory) are investigated, identified and escalated to the relevant teams within FCO and/or Country AFC Officer.
- Ensure that cases are investigated and closed/escalated within the mandated time frame.
- Handle complex and confidential cases with little or no guidance.
- Identify current transaction typologies and keep abreast of emerging ones and apply said typologies to the working of the cases.
- Liaise with AFC Modelling Officer and provide support and assistance to Local AFC Officer with respect to the requirement that the internal systems parameters are reviewed at least annually.
- Escalate data quality and system issues to the AFC Modelling Officer and Local AFC Officer
- A minimum of 6 years' relevant work experience in an AML, Transaction Monitoring or an Investigations role from a Regulatory, or Financial Institution with background in a Financial Investigation Unit or Financial Crime Investigations.
- Proven sound technical AML, investigations knowledge and skills, with demonstrated hands-on experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working with diverse banking products across business lines in Private Banking, Wealth Management and experience in working on AML monitoring and case management systems.
- Be the subject matter expert in AML/CTF typologies/trends.
- Able to review evidential case files using knowledge of legislation.
- Working experience in Internet expertise on identifying negative news and ability to search and find information.
- Able to demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills with an investigative mindset while ensuring attention to detail and efficiency.
- Able to work under pressure within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy.
- Have an understanding of the legal and compliance issues of complex banking organizations
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well within a team with a professional business attitude in the workplace.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well within a team with a professional business attitude in the workplace.
- Have relevant AML or related certifications such as CAMS, ICA Diploma.
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications or degree in Criminology
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirements may apply. How we'll support you:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career.