There is an exciting and dynamic entry level opportunity at BGC Partners to join the Compensation Controlling Accounting department, where you will be part of a highly experienced team who are eager to teach and train new recruits. Main purpose of the role:
- To fully support the Compensation Accounting Manager to cover all aspects of Compensation Accounting primarily for the EMEA operations with view to meeting all internal and external financial reporting deadlines.
- The successful candidate shall make an important contribution to the continued development of the Compensation Accounting team whilst constantly raising the bar in terms of quality and control.
- This is a great opportunity for school leavers with relevant work experience or fresh graduates who are eager to begin their accounting career.
Skills / experience required:
- To ensure the integrity of Comp related P&L and Balance Sheet on a timely basis across the EMEA operations of the Group through monthly postings to the GL followed by analytical review and reconciliations.
- Work closely with Senior Broker Compensation Accountant to ensure all Broker Compensation Accounting matters are closed out on a timely basis.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure matters are closed out on a timely basis.
- Calculating and posting revenue related monthly bonus accruals. Reviewing and adjusting accruals to be in line with forecasted desk pay out.
- Assist in preparation of timely management information including desk and broker performance reports.
- Ensure Comp related FX exposure is managed, controlled and reported on a timely basis.
- Coordinate commentary on monthly/quarterly P&L movement for global P&L analytics.
- Work closely with counterparts in US/Asia on relevant matters and share best practice.
- Assist auditors through timely delivery of files and responses to any queries.
- Ensure integrity of confidential name detail information.
- Identify and implement improvements within Compensation Accounting processes through development and concise documentation of policies and procedures.
- Support Compensation Accounting Manager on ad-hoc issues.
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
- A strong academic background.
- Minimum AAT Level 3 Qualification preferable.
- Financial services experience desired but not essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders throughout the Group with view to developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Possess a pro-active attitude with an ability to take responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Supervisory skills would be advantageous.
- Ability to meet deadlines, organise and prioritise.
- Strong MS Excel skills (including vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs and charts).
- Prior experience with Essbase and Oracle General Ledger preferable.
- Other Microsoft Office applications.
- The successful candidate will require excellent personal presentation and have confidence operating in a competitive work-environment and can handle challenging situations sensitively.
- Appetite to study and gain necessary accounting qualifications.
- Proactive and adaptable, able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to evaluate issues and situations to enable timely decision making with little need for upward reference whilst escalating matters as necessary on a timely basis.
- Self-starter unafraid to ask questions and seek answers.
- Willing to take ownership, work without close supervision while also being a team player.
- Able to use judgement to challenge the status quo and implement changes to improve processes.