PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Overview
The Senior Tax Manager, EMEA will be responsible for a regional role covering corporate tax compliance, VAT, reporting, and advisory across a broad range of topics for PIMCO's investment advisor entities. The position will cover jurisdictions including, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, France, Ireland and Luxembourg.
This position is very hands-on and the qualified candidate should be highly motivated to learn new concepts, possess a willingness to work in a team environment, have the skills to research tax topics and the ability to communicate with senior management. The position will offer the opportunity for career progression in a highly dynamic organization. Responsibilities
- Regional tax compliance - coordinate with outside service provider by setting deadlines and expectations to ensure timely and accurate income tax/VAT filings and payments for PIMCO corporate entities located in EMEA
- Tax reporting - supervise tax provision process for audited financial statement preparation, reporting to parent company and ad-hoc regulatory requirements
- Project management - develop, analyze and project tax impact for consideration in business restructuring, entering new jurisdictions, new business lines, global mobility and executive compensation plans
- Risk management - stay current on EMEA tax events and tax regulation changes. Operate a strategy to optimize PIMCO's tax position while minimizing exposure to reputational risk and potential loss
- Transfer pricing - assist with review of PIMCO transfer pricing results and documentation for EMEA entities
- Tax audits/enquiries - represent PIMCO's EMEA entities during official audits and inquiries from fiscal tax authorities by responding to information requests and attending audit meetings
- Global connectivity - regular interaction with global tax team and participation in select global tax projects
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- CTA, CIMA or ACA/ACCA qualification or non-UK equivalent
- Proven tax experience with a big four accounting firm
- Solid foundation in corporation tax and VAT compliance
- Exposure to jurisdictions listed above
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions
- Commitment to producing quality work and attention to detail to ensure work is delivered completely, accurately, and on time
- Excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced professional work environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, exceed expectations and resolve open issues
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, technical and non-technical)
- Experience working with and partnering with cross-functional teams to build relationships
The following skills are preferred but not essential requirements:
- Chartered accountant
- Previous regional tax position
- Experience in asset management industry taxation
- Familiarity with SAP, CCH, RIA and BNA
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.