There is an opportunity at GFI for an experienced Broker with knowledge of the Softs and Agriculture market.
This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity to be part of highly experienced team who are eager to grow their team.
GFI is a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial markets, based in London. We are experts in our fields, agile and dynamic in our approach, and built upon the foundation of cutting-edge technology and exceptional talent. Key Responsibilities:
- To further develop and build the Softs and Agriculture business
- Calling clients to obtain orders and stay on top of client interests and with best execution
- Search for new client contacts (Internet, LinkedIn, referrals etc) and getting any new contacts onboarded
- Meeting clients to develop relationships (will involve occasional travel)
- Keep up with day to day running of the desk, including deal processing and data research, develop desk research for clients, mostly quantitative
- Assist with the day to day operational and administrative functions of the desk, such as end of day reports, maintaining vol curves, personal admin
- Adhere to GFI's policies and compliance with GFI's operational risk requirements
To all recruitment agencies
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Resilient, resolute, persistent, and competitive attitude.
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, intense environment.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Highly organized, punctual, and pro-active.
- Extremely detail orientated.
- Ability to work independently but also well in a team.
- Competent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- GFI & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. GFI & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details.