PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Overview
Due to business growth, an expanding product range, and increasingly complex laws and regulations focused on sanctions, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering (collectively, "Anti-Financial Crimes" or "AFC" laws), PIMCO is looking for an experienced lawyer who can leverage subject matter expertise in these areas to provide practical advice and counsel in all aspects of PIMCO's EMEA business.
The role demands an experienced AFC lawyer with a first class intellect and significant experience in asset management, including in alternative (or private) investment funds, public funds, and separate accounts.
The candidate should be well versed in EU and UK AFC laws, as applied to investors/clients, investments, fund formation and product distribution. The lawyer will partner closely with the business, including portfolio management, product strategy, finance, compliance, operations and other functions, from across the globe.
The ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable in anti-fraud controls as they relate to the asset management industry.
Lawyers with relevant experience, whether in-house or private practice, will be considered. Responsibilities
- Providing stakeholders with advice regarding the requirements of EU and UK AFC laws, and best practices for accomplishing compliance with those laws
- Providing AFC input in fund documentation (including LPAs, subscription documents, PPMs, and prospectus and other public fund disclosure documents), side letters, investment management agreements, service provider and vendor agreements, consultant agreements, distribution and platform agreements, and privately negotiated transaction documents
- Providing AFC advice in connection with transaction diligence and securities trading
- Supporting other legal functions and projects (e.g., regulatory monitoring and implementation projects, policy advocacy and industry engagement, corporate projects and governance support)
- Overseeing and managing external counsel
- Providing subject matter expertise for AFC and anti-fraud training
- Extensive knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in EMEA relating to AFC requirements
- Monitoring of AFC requirements in EMEA jurisdictions
- Trade floor advisory experience
- Deal experience relating to transactions in asset classes such as real estate and private equity
- Interaction/management of related regulatory inquiries
- Experience working with Senior Management/Boards
- Significant experience in a similar role, with investment management industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (with the ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner)
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial and business oriented
- High degree of client service orientation, proactivity and responsiveness
- Collaborative, professional and team player essential
- Good attention to detail
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to organise and deliver under tight deadlines
The Legal team is very client service focused and is looking for someone who can deliver the highest of client service standards, as well as communicate confidently with all levels of the organisation, work well within a team environment, own and drive forward their own workload and use initiative to continually assess and improve existing processes. With PIMCO's rewarding environment and growing business, this role is full of opportunity for the right candidate.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.