They are seeking a world-class quantitative analyst with between 2 and 7 years experience who is passionate about trading strategies, data analysis and equity markets.
The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Research Team to develop and test quantitative trading strategies using sophisticated statistical techniques and a wide range of data sources for models with forecast horizons ranging from a few hours to a few months.
The role of the Research Team is to perform empirical research covering all design aspects of the investment process, e.g. alpha, alpha combination, risk modelling, transaction cost modelling, portfolio construction. The team collaborates closely with Front-Office Technology and Trading Teams regarding implementation and execution of trading strategies. Key Responsibilities
Experience, Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Conducting the research on R&D projects across the whole scope of systematic quant strategies, in data gathering and processing, alpha signals, risk, portfolio construction and execution;
- Participating in the more general duties of the research team such as assisting with the monitoring of our
- Participating and animating seminars on relevant research topics, ensuring dissemination of knowledge and best practices across the team;
- Managing all aspects of the research process, including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, prototyping, back-testing and performance monitoring
- Improvement of existing strategies
- Portfolio optimization
- Evaluating new datasets for alpha potential
- Work closely with other members of the research team to develop, improve, and back-test trading strategies among other aspects of the program;
- Participate to the collaborative life of the research team.
- Track-record of performing fast-paced and successful quantitative research;
- Proficiency in coding, with experience using a statistical computing language (e.g. Python, Matlab);
- Hands-on experience working in a data-driven environment; and
- Strong understanding of practical issues related to portfolio construction and alpha combination.
Educational & Professional Qualifications
- Use unconventional data sources to drive innovation; and
- Scripting and scraping experience a plus but not required.
- Two years or more in a quantitative research or trading role in a top-tier investment firm;
- Educated to Masters (or equivalent advanced degree) level or higher, from a leading university; and
- Degree (or equivalent) in a highly quantitative subject such as Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics.