The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join the Close Brothers Treasury Balance Sheet Management Team where you will be responsible for the identification, and centralisation into Treasury, of interest rate risks that arise across the Close Brothers Banking Book balance sheet.
You will work closely with the business lines to identify interest rate exposures on their products and centralise these into Treasury, as well as partnership with the Risk team to ensure that the identified risks are reported in an accurate and timely fashion. RESPONSIBILITIES: Non-Traded Market Risk
Processes / Reporting
- Contribute to implementing the Market Risk policy and accompanying standards on managing Interest Rate Risk in the Banking book, including working with the businesses to review business assumptions and key risk indicators
- Propose trades to hedge the interest rate risk that arises on the business balance sheets and ensure that the intercompany funding process operates effectively
- Work with the business to evolve behavioural modelling on assets and liabilities, to inform interest rate risk measurement and liquidity treatment
- Contribute to the ongoing development of central hedging programmes, including structural hedging
- Support the production of enhanced analytics and modelling approaches to support the ALCO agenda
- Produce and develop MI that shows the effectiveness of the Treasury hedging programme
- Document key assumptions, risk drivers and limitations of models used for ALM scenarios and key stress tests
- Support the production of ad-hoc analysis and special papers to be presented at Treasury committees
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Support the Treasury BSM team where necessary to ensure high quality delivery of team responsibilities that cover managing IRRBB, liquidity and funding
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- The ability to quickly establish strong working relationships with business, Treasury, Finance and Risk managers across the Group
- Excellent quantitative skills - ideally with risk management experience
- The ability to manage work requests working to tight timescales whilst maintaining quality
- Financial modelling skills and techniques for both treasury and banking products
- Experience in ALM, BSM, NTMR or IRRBB within retail banking
- A good understanding of different asset and liability products offered and their distinct finance behaviours and characteristics
- An education to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a finance or mathematical based subject.
- ACT / CIMA / CFA / MBA / other appropriate qualification
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at email@example.com or request a call back. ABOUT US
At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: