We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
This position will be heavily focused on providing personalized "white-glove" service to end users. This position will also be tasked with day-to-day responsibilities to move, add, and change configuration across various products. These products include but are not limited to Cisco Video Conferencing, and a variety of A/V. This position requires good judgment and a poised approach to support and troubleshooting. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years prior experience within a conferencing A/V environment, be an individual contributor, responsible for delivering expert service to clients. The Telemedia Engineer must be able to follow complex video design and implementation scopes including network topology and various Cisco Unified Communications & Collaboration solutions. This requires someone with a multi-faceted skill set who would be handling multiple management portals and contributing to the firm's ongoing projects. Responsibility:
- Working hours and change management must be done at various times and will include nights and weekends.
- Perform daily quality assurance activities to ensure uptime and standardization.
- Demonstrate superior ability to manage and navigate complex escalations
- Responsible for overseeing Telemedia video projects
- Create and maintain all project documents, including drawings, specifications, scope of work, and maintenance schedules
- Maintain a thorough understanding of associated products within Telemedia including but not limited to; Zoom Cloud, Microsoft Teams, Cisco Webex, Cisco video conference software/hardware, basic firewall, streaming applications, Crestron, Biamp
- Facilitate occasional trainings to team members and/or endusers as necessary
- Create and manage project plans, schedule, and roadmap for calendar year
- Function as an SME for internal and external communication and documentation for associated products within Telemedia
- Coordinate activities with local facilities, carriers, and support vendors as required.
- Communicate effectively advocating all needs and requirements to meet project goals.
- Proactively manage change control requests and the change order process
- Regularly inspect video conference rooms for quality of environment as preventative measures.
- Ensure all A/V components within office meet Telemedia standards and expectations
- Meet all targets and SLAs as it pertains to incidents identified in ServiceNow and Projects tracked within Jira
- Troubleshoot and support A/V network environment which may include modifying Cisco Routers/Switches (layer 2 & 3), loading configurations, and coordinating with Telco/3rd party providers
- Navigate complex problems to resolution by utilizing various resources such as vendors; manufacturers; internal technicians and documentation.
- Ensure inbound service requests and critical alerts are handled in a timely manner
- Maintain a high level of customer professionalism in all mediums of communication (in person, video, telephony and email)
- Assist in ensuring that service tickets and calls are adequately logged and are updated and relevant
- Assist in ensuring that vendors meet obligations on time and with consistency
- Develop and foster relationships interdepartmentally and externally
- Process customer repair requests by coordinating with vendors and manufacturers. (RMA's)
- Using various management portals move, add, and change, user phone configurations, voice mail, and other basic programming.
- Excellent academic achievement and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree in Computer Science, Electronics or a telec ommunications related field.
- Strong working knowledge of A/V, Video Conferencing, Networking, and Unified Collaboration System Technologies
- Requires analytical and technical skill to troubleshoot equipment, diagnose, and resolve issues.
- Possess the mentality to provide "white-glove" level service by telephone, email, and in person.
- Basic understanding of VMWare and virtualization technology
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.x or above
- Basic understanding in layer 2 and 3 Cisco route/switch technologies
- Proficiency in common office productivity software such as Microsoft Office, Lucid Charts, and Service Now
- Must be organized, and work within a team environment, capable of earning trust from all levels of management and present a professional image.
- Must be flexible to meet emergency deadlines that may fall outside of normal work hours, and must be a good crisis manager and work well under pressure.
- Must possess elite time management skills to support a large capacity of users.
- Motivated self-starter that requires minimal direction and is able to prioritize and organize their workload
- Dependable and responsible contributor committed to excellence, capable of learning new products and technologies.
- CCNA or higher Route Switch and/or Collaboration
- Understanding of WAN/LAN Topologies
- Basic Wireless Protocols, and support
- CTS certification
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 83,000.00 - $ 92,500.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.