A leading bank in the Americas with a multi trillion dollar turnover. Helping customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. Description
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the required London branch Bank of England statistical returns and for contributing to the preparation of other Regulatory Reports as directed for branch; including but not limited to branch daily cash-gap reporting.
- Responsible for running relevant daily/monthly processes in support of period end regulatory returns.
- Run reconciliation and similar controls and analyse, investigate and document variances.
- Provide cover for the regulatory reporting function as required.
- Contribute to the analysis of queries received from the Bank of England or other regulators as required and to Liaise with internal auditors on queries related to returns and reports prepared
- Participate in new system implementation and projects
- Review and update procedure manuals on regular basis
- Ensure that all procedures developed adhere to the bank's End User Computing guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of additional controls and process enhancements to improve the accuracy and quality of the regulatory reporting processes and to ensure that these controls meet the requirements of the Regulatory Risk and Controls framework.
- Assist with the maintenance of the regulatory reporting software by reviewing static data, helping with UAT and acceptance testing of regulatory reporting software upgrades and investigating discrepancies.
- Ensure all communications are succinct and clear for recipients.
- Any other work efforts assigned by management.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Code of Conduct.
- Contributes to a high-performance environment and fosters an inclusive work environment; supporting the vision/values/business strategy for the team.
- Good working knowledge of Bank of England statistical reporting rules and other regulatory reporting rules as required.
- Recognised Accounting Qualification preferred
- Knowledge of the regulatory reporting package AXIOM would be preferential.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level would be preferential.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Extensive benefits package
Please enquire for further details when applying for the role