LGPS Central Limited is an FCA regulated asset manager and manages the pooled assets of eight midlands-based Local Government Pension Scheme funds.
LGPS Central's Partner Funds are:
- Cheshire Pension Fund
- Derbyshire Pension Fund
- Leicestershire Pension Fund
- Nottinghamshire Pension Fund
- Shropshire Pension Fund
- Staffordshire Pension Fund,
- West Midlands Pension Fund
- Worcestershire Pension Fund.
LGPS Central is owned equally by all eight of its Partner Funds and is dedicated to the management of local government pension assets. LGPS Central manages assets across public and private markets both internally and through externally appointed investment managers.
The Company is committed to responsible investment and has made responsible investment a core part of the investment process in every asset class.
LGPS Central offers a friendly and diverse, hybrid-working environment with a range of employee benefits. The Company moved to new premises at i9, Wolverhampton Interchange in January 2022, close to local transport links.Position
We are seeking a new Senior Legal Counsel to join the Legal Team, reporting to the Head of Legal.
The Senior Legal Counsel will lead on legal advice for significant business initiatives, oversee a portfolio of transactional and other critical legal work and advise the business at a senior level.
The Legal Team is highly regarded in the business. This is a new position to increase capacity in the team to better support on activities across public and private markets and the wider business. The Senior Legal Counsel will also be invaluable in supervising and developing junior lawyers in the team.
Inside the business, the Senior Legal Counsel will engage with members of the executive, the senior management team and the wider business. There will also be the opportunity to engage externally with clients, external legal advisors, and other suppliers, as required to support on various business initiatives.
The Senior Legal Counsel will have trained and qualified with a leading law firm and have a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience. Ideally, candidates will have in-house experience with an asset manager, or will have private practice transactional experience across the investment and funds sector and be looking to move in-house.Part-time working (0.8% FTE) is available in this role.RequirementsSkills/Knowledge/Experience/Competence:
- Overall broad legal knowledge (commercial, company, financial services).
- Transactional experience across the investment and investment funds sector advantageous, but not required.
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues effect organisations.
- Experience of negotiating agreements.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Good judgement and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
- Must be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- Educated to degree level
- LPC or equivalent.
- Hold a current practising certificate granted by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
What do we offer?
We are a diverse and forward-looking employer and are members of the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion. Below is a selection of benefits we offer our employees:
Apply now via the application button!
- Competitive salary
- An enhanced and generous Pension Scheme
- 30 days' paid holiday plus bank holidays
- 2 days paid volunteering days
- An extra paid Company Day in addition to paid holidays
- Excellent Learning & Development Opportunities
- Welfare and Family-friendly policies
- Enhanced pay for new parents
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme - 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Medical Health Cash Plan
- Hybrid Working
- Company Service Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Brand New Office Space
- Nominees of the Family Friendly Employer of the Year 2022 - Personnel Today Awards 2022
- Winner of the Cultural Awareness Initiative of the Year - FT Advisors Diversity in Finance Awards 2023
- Winner of Diversity and Inclusion Award - LAPF In Investments Award 2023