The LEC team provides all financial reporting activities for legal entities across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. This includes statutory, Sarbanes Oxley and Public company attestations, as well as all other financial reporting.
Liaising with Group reporting in the USA, and other functional departments (Tax, Treasury, Product Control, Operations and Legal) both locally and globally.
The aim is to ensure that the individual can make an important contribution to the continued development of the Legal Entity Control team, the Finance function in all non-US locations, raising the bar in terms of quality, control and consistency.
• Understand fully the entities and the underlying business for all responsible entities.
• Preparation of monthly / quarterly reports on the results of their responsible entities and ensure that deadlines are met on time with accurate information.
• Production of statutory accounts for the required entities under their responsibilities and to deal with the auditors and ensure timely delivery of information, responses and ensure timely sign off of the audited accounts.
• Understand the FX exposure that is contained within the entities and help in the global management of the FX position across the Group.
• Understand, provide guidance and review intercompany recharges, allocations and transfer pricing processes between service entities and trading entities in the UK as well as recharges between different geographies.
• Ensure all reconciliations are prepared and reviewed. Prepare overviews of areas for concern and report to management.
• Review inter-company break report and discuss resolution of issues with opposite, inter-company relationship controller.
• Review un-posted journals report for entries affecting their entities and ensure quick resolution of issues and postings made as appropriate.
• Review control account / suspense / wash account / daily summary and ensure resolution of any breaks pre-month end as appropriate.
• Review cash break report and help facilitate / clear breaks for responsible entities.
• Drive forward and co-ordinate the process of liquidating and dissolving redundant entities as well as restorations where appropriate.
• Review and document processes and controls
• To assist the Legal Entity Control Manager in continuing to maintain, develop and improve the control environment within the team and to ensure the team delivers all goals by working well with others and having a can do and will do attitude.
• Provide ad hoc reporting to Senior Management.
Skills / Experience Required:
• The ideal candidate is an ACA qualified accountant or CIMA/ACCA qualified from a practise background with 1-2 post-qualification experience.
• Experience of statutory financial statement preparation.
• A strong academic background and good career progression to date.
• A control mentality coupled with excellent accounting, analytical and reporting skills.
• Experience of accounting issues for group structures i.e. acquisition accounting, goodwill and minority interest would be an advantage
• Possess a pro-active attitude with an ability to take responsibility, make decisions and gain respect quickly.
• Process analysis skills to identify vulnerabilities and control weaknesses.
• Understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS as well as the principles of UK regulatory reporting, experience of US GAAP also advantageous.
• Ability to evaluate issues and situations and make decisions with little need for upward reference.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with professionals throughout the organisation.
• The ability to establish rapport with brokers, senior management, and colleagues at all levels and locations.
• Highly motivated, self starter and unafraid to ask questions and seek answers.
• Flexibility and a willingness to contribute to an exciting, dynamic and multi-cultural business.
• Good communicator
• Willing to take ownership, work without close supervision, while also being a team player.
• Able to use judgement to implement changes to improve processes.
• A good organizer with the ability to multi-task.
• Able to work well to deadlines.
• Hyperian Essbase
• MS Office: advanced use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Hybrid Working - We are currently operating a hybrid model for our shared services employees (including this role). We anticipate continuing these arrangements for the foreseeable future with periodic review. Hybrid for BGC Partners across the working week, means three days office based and two days remote.
Agency Notice - BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for addition