- Daily monitoring and control of global automated P&L's and revenue reports
- Liaising with Front Office for prompt resolution of queries relating to P&L discrepancies
- Post and review of manual & automatically generated revenue accounting entries
- Provide Finance with detailed analysis of entity and desk P&L variances
- Daily and Monthly Positions monitoring
- Daily/Monthly accruals of all fees payable and all revenue not automatically booked
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts (clearing, fee, Pending & fails)
- Participate in monthly PL call to provide variance analyses on Fees.
- Provide ad hoc global revenue reports to senior management and other departments
- Assist external auditors for the statutory audit
- Ad hoc project work
The ideal candidate has experience of revenue accounting or product control and should be able to demonstrate:
- A strong academic background and good career progression to date.
- Have excellent organisational skills and to ensure the team meets its objectives and deadlines.
- A control mentality coupled with excellent accounting, analytical and reporting skills.
- Possess a pro-active attitude with an ability to take responsibility, make decisions and gain respect quickly
- Process analysis skills to identify vulnerabilities and control/system weaknesses.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with professionals throughout the organisation.
- Ability to evaluate issues and situations and make decisions with little need for upward reference.
- Maturity and credibility to deal with brokers, senior management and colleagues at all levels and locations. Professionalism, sensitivity and high energy levels.
- Flexibility and a willingness to contribute to an exciting, dynamic and multi-cultural business.
- Oracle Financials
- Hyperion Essbase
- Exemplary MS Excel, and proficient with other MS Office
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Phase III (Sungard)
- Highly motivated, confident self-starter who is unafraid to ask questions and seek answers
- Good attention to detail
- Articulates both written and spoken messages clearly and confidently
- Able to use judgement to suggest changes and improvements to processes.
- Proactive and adaptable, able to work well under pressure.
- Some product knowledge an advantage
BGC Partners & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC Partners & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please