As the VP/Director of Asset Management, you will play a crucial role in strategically managing a diverse portfolio of assets to maximise value creation. This is a highly technical position that requires a deep understanding of real estate investments and financial modelling expertise. You will collaborate closely with the acquisitions team, providing insights and assisting in defining the investment strategy. Responsibilities
- Strategic Asset Management: Develop and implement comprehensive strategies to optimise the performance and value of the portfolio, focusing on the firm's European assets.
- Value Creation: Identify opportunities to enhance asset value through re-developments, refurbishments, part-divestments, or asset class adjustments, and oversee their execution.
- Financial Modelling: Utilise strong financial modelling skills to evaluate potential investments, assess risks, and forecast financial performance.
- Investment Strategy Support: Collaborate with the acquisitions team to provide expertise and insights for refining investment strategies, identifying attractive opportunities, and conducting due diligence.
- Portfolio Analysis: Conduct regular analysis of the portfolio's performance, market trends, and risk exposures to proactively identify areas for improvement and recommend appropriate actions.
- Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, investors, and external partners, ensuring effective communication and alignment of objectives.
- Reporting and Presentations: Prepare comprehensive reports, presentations, and investment memoranda to effectively communicate asset performance, strategies, and recommendations to senior management and investors.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor more junior members of the London team as and when appropriate to do so.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, or a related field. Advanced degree (MBA, CFA, or equivalent) is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in real estate asset management or a transactions focused role within a private equity fund, investment management firm, or similar environment.
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills, with proficiency in Excel and other relevant software.
- Demonstrated track record of successful asset management, including value creation through repositioning, redevelopment, or other strategic initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate markets and trends across different geographies and asset classes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Leadership capabilities with experience in managing teams and driving results in a collaborative environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation.