About the team:
Action on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues is a central tenet of our strategy - The New Equation - and key to delivering on our purpose.
PwC's UK Corporate Sustainability team have spent the last decade building a reputation as pioneers in developing impactful sustainability programmes alongside leading measurement and reporting on the firm's ESG performance. As a result we've achieved a range of stretching targets, been awarded a platinum sustainability rating by Ecovadis for the third successive year, and were also the first business to achieve the Advancing tier of the Carbon Trust's Route to Net Zero Standard, which recognises our progress on the journey to Net Zero.
As a firm we're continually finding ways to address our environmental impacts, drive efficiencies, eliminate our carbon footprint, and support nature and biodiversity wherever possible. So part of our new sustainability strategy is to drive a net zero and a sustainable future for ourselves, our clients and wider society. About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced sustainability manager to join our well established Corporate Sustainability team. The role will primarily support our net zero and environment lead, define, deliver and report on market leading net zero and sustainable future programmes; while also including an ESG reporting and assurance element. It's an exciting role, focused on driving change within the firm, complementing our Sustainability Reporting.
As part of the team, you will report directly into the Corporate Sustainability net zero lead but also work under your own autonomy, be accountable for delivery of your projects, and have opportunities to engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders and collaborate with the wider sustainability team. About the ideal candidate:
- A good understanding of sustainability and ESG, ideally with knowledge of ESG measurement and reporting, assurance, and of carbon accounting in particular.
- Several years experience working in an ESG role with transferable skill sets
- Experience of leading your own projects, including articulating direction and findings to senior stakeholders
- A strategic and analytical mindset, who can 'helicopter' up, look at things holistically and 'join the dots', while maintaining high quality standards in the details.
- Excellent communications skills - particularly written - to draft content for internal reports and external disclosures, and to articulate positioning papers for stakeholders.
- The ability to distil qualitative and quantitative information on leading practices, new approaches, and competitor performance.
- A practical, 'hands on' approach, with the confidence to put forward their own ideas at appropriate times ('challenge and build' mindset).
- A natural collaborator, with the confidence to seek out and engage relevant internal stakeholders to gather and validate information, and to liaise with colleagues across the PwC Network as needed.
- Some understanding of broader corporate reporting principles, and the linkages with various sustainability / ESG reporting frameworks would be a distinct advantage, as would some experience of external assurance.
- Experience of analytical and visualisation tools such as Tableau, PowerBi and/or Alteryx would be desirable