Avalon Trust is seeking a dedicated individual to conduct equity research, contribute to the firm’s overall investment process and construct and manage our clients’ portfolios. This position will work at our Santa Fe, NM location and will be a contributing member of the firm’s investment team and be responsible for client portfolio management and advising.
With $1.7 billion under management, Avalon is a wealth management advisory firm headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, and operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Clearstead Advisors, based in Cleveland, OH. We customize and build investment accounts of individual equity holdings for clients by taking a long-term view, with low turnover and a growth-at-a-reasonable-price investment approach. The position presents a growth opportunity for a motivated individual seeking direct involvement in the investment management process in a dynamic firm. The ideal candidate must be able to successfully juggle multiple responsibilities and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conduct fundamental equity investment research on current portfolio holdings and new investment ideas, primarily within the technology sector but with the flexibility to contribute in other sectors and/or asset classes.
- Contribute to Investment Committee by preparing and presenting research findings, making buy/sell/hold recommendations and conducting quarterly reviews for technology sector holdings.
- This position will involve portfolio management and all manner of client-facing responsibilities.
- Collaborate with senior managers, investment research team, operations staff and client services team.
- Assist with preparation of materials/reports for client meetings, respond to client information requests.
- Display professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal correspondence.
Skills and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. degree
- MBA and/or CFA Charterholder
- At least five years of public equity investment research experience
- Collaboration and teamwork. Must be able to work both independently and in small groups as either leader or team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ideal candidate will be able to successfully juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to assist in all areas of a growing business
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Strong team culture, collaborative environment
- Annual bonus
- Generous paid time off & holidays
- Medical/Dental/vision insurance
- Employer 401(k) profit sharing program