We guide businesspeople to insights that change the world. We provide a foundation of intelligence that supports the needs of businesses and businesspeople. We analyze, organize, and create global information so you can make the right decisions at the right time, unleashing your creative and innovative potential.
Uzabase Group has offices in China, Japan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and the US.
JUNIOR ANALYST/ANALYST - GLOBAL INDUSTRY TEAM
As a Junior Analyst/Analyst, you will specialize in one of the more than 500 industries covered by our business information platform SPEEDA and be a part of a diverse and talented team. This unique experience will help you sharpen your sector expertise, analytical skills, and report writing with work that has a truly global focus.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Supporting senior analysts in the preparation and maintenance of industry reports in line with an internally developed industry framework aimed at supporting business and investment decision-making/strategy formulation
- Fulfilling client research requests ranging from macroeconomic analysis and peer group comparisons to brief industry reviews
- Assisting with mapping players to suitable industries based on the assessment of their financial and non-financial data
- Producing and maintaining highly analytical industry reports on a set of sectors covered by the respective industry cluster, aimed at supporting business and investment decisions, with senior support and guidance
- Promptly responding to client queries and inquiries from the Localization team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration (upper second class or higher from a top three local or top 100 international university, with first-class honors preferred)
- Passed finalists/members of CIMA, ACCA, or any other related qualification from a recognized professional body
- Work experience of 1–2 years in the industry or investment research will be required for the Analyst role
- Strong interest in Finance, Economics, and Investment Research as well as the ability to handle numerical analysis
- Independent thinker with the desire and ability to form their own opinions rather than indulging in groupthink
- Passion for creating high-quality written reports with the capacity to write clearly and succinctly
- Comfortable working in a flexible and diverse environment
- A cooperative and considerate teammate with the ability to communicate openly and maturely by giving and receiving honest feedback
- Fluency in English – strong written and verbal skills
- Pay will be commensurate with education and experience