VP, Output Management Manager, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 14 Dec 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing. Job Responsibilities
The Output Management Manager role is a permanent position responsible for the administration of the Output Management systems and management of UOB's printing/enveloping vendor. The role is under the prerogative of Group Service Operations belonging to Group Infrastructure and Platform Services under Technology and Operations. Its primary responsibilities include the following: Core Responsibilities
Automation, Program Development, and Infrastructure Support
- Perform administration functions on the different Output Management systems namely Report2Web (R2W) and Remote Print Manager (RPM) systems.
- Perform 24x7 on-call support for trouble shooting and problem determination on Output related incidents and problems pertaining (but not limited) to administration and support.
- Oversees the daily operational procedure for the printing/enveloping vendor.
- Liaise and coordinate Output Management requirements to the different groups and users subscribed to the Output Management systems and printing/enveloping vendor.
- Identify, analyse, and recommend methods of problem resolution for the department and develop documentations for staff and management reference.
- Perform management of Output Management's vendors setting standards and streamlining processes to ensure smooth report publishing and print operations.
- Participate in audit and compliance review involving Output Management systems and print operations.
- Perform outsourcing review and due diligence on new and/or existing printing/enveloping vendors to ensure vendor's solvency and soundness.
- Assess departmental automation needs and identify solutions to eliminate repetitive tasks and manual interventions.
- Develop and maintain existing scripts and programs to automate Output Management operational processes.
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis of existing and new systems and assess their potentials for automation/implementation.
- Continually improve the end to end infrastructure design and flow of the R2W system and printing/enveloping process by working with vendor, technical support and operation teams (internal and external)
- Perform project management role on Output Management driven projects and initiatives.
- Participate in projects and initiatives requiring/involving Output Management support.
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 10 years experience preferably working in a bank Data Centre Operations environment in the area of Output Report Distribution and Print Operations.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of network, database, and Windows platforms necessary in troubleshooting issues related to Output Management systems.
- Competent in resolving technical and access related issues in network, database and Windows environments.
- Knowledgeable in Windows infrastructure and other technologies like Active Directory (AD), Domain Name Servers (DNS), MS Clustering, MS SQL.
- Knowledgeable in Tomcat and Internet Information Services (IIS) application and web server components.
- Knowledgeable in Windows programming/scripting, Visual Basic, C# and Python.
- Knowledgeable in the Microsoft suite of products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Knowledge in R2W and RPM systems is a big advantage.
- Knowledge in Windows infrastructure and other technologies like Network Load Balancer, Virtual Machine (VM) is an advantage.
- Knowledge in Power Shell, Unix scripting, and Java programming is an advantage.
- Knowledge in Unix and AS400 is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to discuss/document technical information.
- Adopts an innovative and proactive mind set to work assignments.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask with propensity to handle urgent interruptions.
- Possess a positive and willing to learn attitude.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.