VP, L3 Production Support, Digital Banking Technology
Posting Date: 14 Dec 2023
Shenton Way, Singapore, Singapore
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing. Job Responsibilities
- Be responsible for digital banking Level 3 production service maintenance and own the delivery of technical changes required for service protection.
- Lead Level 3 support technical team, provide guidance and direction required for application maintenance/defect fixes, delivery.
- Follow through to ensure incidents and problems are resolved according to SLA.
- Manage distributed team, multiple stakeholders, incident management and other dependent teams in establishing the production defect root cause and delivery defect delivery.
- Liaise with various support units such as Application Development and Delivery unit (vendor), Data Security, Infrastructure, Technical Services, and Quality Assurance on system/application setup, environment and deployment.
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 10 years of experience in the Technology solutions or support service delivery of critical applications in the banking industry is preferred.
- Must have experience in development and maintaining three tier critical application based on J2EE, ReactJS, App server and webserver, Kubernetes, RESTful service and industry standard frameworks.
- Working experience on Batch Scheduler (e.g. Control M, Autosys, Cron), Splunk and monitoring tools like Geneos
- Proficient in detailed defect analysis (Log, performance, etc), UNIX (shell scripting).
- Strong understanding of web application architectures and protocols i.e. client facing (Web/Mobile), troubleshooting Java application and related performance issues\
- Hands-On experience in writing / debugging scripts, code, and database queries
- Experience in Software Engineering & Change Management methodology and framework
- Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy architecture design.
- Strong technical and organization skills to understand production incident and manage the team to deliver fixes and improvement within SLA.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to correlate events across multiple systems to proactively review and resolve deep underlying issues
- Experience in supporting mission critical systems in banking & financial domain with regional systems is preferred including Escalation & Stakeholder management.
- Capable in prompt incident and problem management, provide short term workaround and long-term solutions wherever is applicable, in order to maintain system maximum uptime and availability.
- Strong team player. Flexible and able to coordinate team effectively both in and outside of office hours; willing to take on challenges and provide prompt and effective day and night support when needed.
- Self-Motivated, and able to manage work plan with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong in continual improvement initiatives mind-set for driving efficiencies through automation.
- Strong organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.