Executive Director, Program Manager Lead, Payments Program
Posting Date: 8 Dec 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing.
You will be a program manager with a proven track record of ensuring project delivery excellence of technology and operations projects in a financial institution. Experience with wholesale banking domain and payments regulatory requirements is highly preferred.
The incumbent should be extremely adaptable and be able to provide leadership and solutions to both business and Technology & Operations stakeholders. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, and key stakeholders from other departments involved. He/she will be a visible and influential people leader, able to inspire, guide and train resources.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Build strategic relationships and alliances with stakeholders to achieve common goals.
• Drive the organization's technology alignment with business needs.
• Inspire stakeholders to pursue the organization's technology vision
• Manage critical internal and external stakeholders' changes in needs and priorities
Regulatory and Legal Advisory:
• Establish direction to guide business stakeholders on interpretation and implication of laws and regulations to facilitate decision making and engage with regulatory or legal bodies to manage issues
• Engage with regulators, external parties, board, senior management, and other key stakeholders across business segments to facilitate decision-making on regulatory compliance and/or legal issue
• Program manage all the various regulatory requirements from the various countries and managing the requirements with business to ensure prioritization, investment approvals, planned project deliveries and track for the go lives to ensure compliance for the bank.
• Drive the analysis work to determine the impacted business/ tech/ ops, have the right conversations with the impacted segments across the bank and navigate to address impact of regulations and legislation on the organisation.
• Develop and define advisory strategies based on organisational position on laws and regulations
• Establish strategies and plans for assessment of risks and development of solutions to address risks which can be communicated to the organisation
Risk and Issue Management:
• Oversee the overall project risk, track risk aging, work through escalations, change governance and related issues. Implement the risk mitigation plans.
• Partner with relevant stakeholders in ensuring that the system development methodology is followed and the relevant artefacts are delivered on time with quality, in adherence to the development methodology/approach.
Technical skills & Experience
• Minimum 15-20 years of work experience in the financial industry including 8+ years of experience in a control function or in wholesale banking.
• Demonstrated product knowledge in the wholesale bank products in the cash, payments and channels will be preferred.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into actions that meet business objectives
• Understanding of technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the bank/market.
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
• Manage divergent agendas and divergent stakeholders with win-win solution
• Manage organizational ambiguity and differing stakeholder views
• Strong understanding of business strategies and ability to translate them into concrete achievable action plans
• Ability to collaborate and drive motivation across a diverse slate team members and can deal with difficult conversations
• Owns and enhances workflows and processes, and delegated with clear accountabilities across the teams for delivery of outcomes
• Creates and environment of learning and development through each other's success and failures. Understands and channels team members to their personal and professional growth via challenging and stretch assignments.
• Strategic forward-thinking approach to challenges with outstanding influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
• Passionate, diligent individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
• Resourceful team player.
• Tertiary level qualifications in Engineering/Business/Finance or equivalent
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.