Who we are looking for
A Head of UK Transfer Agency who will be responsible for the set up, development and ongoing daily management of our Transfer Agency business in the UK.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship - for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer - across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Head of Transfer Agency UK you will:
What we value
- Initially, play the lead role working within a larger project team in establishing a new transfer agency team in the UK. Contribute to informed decisions as the SME regarding the operating model, including system configuration, operational readiness and client service
- Design, shape and manage the Transfer Agency business in the UK
- Leading and executing the UK TA Strategy
- Represent Transfer Agency well as a senior member of the team in the industry
- Partner effectively across the organization. You will listen, influence and collaborate with key partners. You will navigate complex organizational situations to build a common understanding and align on the path to improve the end-to-end client experience and outcomes. You will build strong, collaborative relationships with peers within other Transfer Agency teams globally.
- Leadership and culture of the TA group in the UK with a focus on employee engagement and the development and retention of talent
- Manage the relationship with the clients and all stakeholders
- Develop and monitor budgets, forecasting and resource allocations for the department.
- Source, lead and develop diverse talent. You will bring a track record of identifying, attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent across the broader organization
- Monitor and communicate progress towards Transfer Agency targets. You will drive the team to achieve KRI's and strategy goals
- Design, maintain, and oversee a comprehensive system of controls to identify, mitigate, and address potential business and operations risks in region
- You will deliver risk excellence and comply with the highest ethical standards and ensure adherence with legal, regulatory, compliance guidelines and internal policies
- Work with Risk Management, Compliance Officers, local Regulator and Internal Auditors to ensure awareness of and preparedness for any areas of concern, plans for upcoming reviews, and to follow up on ongoing issues
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at both the executive and board level
- Outstanding Product/Service knowledge in Transfer Agency/Fund Administration
- Proven interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong managerial and cross-functional leadership skills
- Ability to achieve results with the persistence and patience necessary to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Experience working with operational teams to create scale while maintaining a strong control environment
- Expertise in project management and change management; strong execution skills
- Proven experience in leading transformational change, driving continuous improvement and demonstrating process excellence
- Strong executive presence and influencing skills
- Highly organized with extensive analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Master's degree or professional certification in related field
- A minimum of 10 years of Transfer Agency leadership experience in a large, global financial services firm
- Expert knowledge of current trends and technical issues impacting the financial services particularly within Transfer Agency
Certification under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime. Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.