Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects, and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. COUNTERPARTY CREDIT RISK
Credit Risk is responsible for managing the firm's credit exposure to its trading and lending counterparties. Leveraging its extensive expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis, CR ensures that credit exposure to our counterparts is managed within the firm's risk appetite. Credit professionals work closely with many areas of the firm. Given this structure, CR professionals gain diverse financial experience and a broad perspective on how the entire firm functions. The interaction with numerous departments and the range of projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
This business is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Evaluate derivatives and financing transactions across Counterparty Credit Risk, reviewing and approving risk taking across this sector, while ensuring appropriate documentation and risk mitigants are in place to protect against default and minimize losses
- Assess the credit and financial strength of a portfolio of hedge funds, mutual funds or private equity fund's by performing fundamental credit analysis. Often relying on quantitative and qualitative factors drawn from fund's risk reports, portfolio analysis, and client calls
- Approve transactions and opine on risk mitigation for products (fixed income funding, equity derivatives, prime brokerage, swaps, etc) based on counterparty and trade details. Hold risk conversation with respective sales and trading teams
- Perform counterparty reviews, including recommending appropriate internal risk rating for each counterparty and setting risk appetite limits
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance preferred
- 3-4 years of experience in a market facing or risk (1st or 2nd line) role preferred
- Knowledge of capital markets, including derivatives and funding products required
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills required
- Client and Business Focus - Builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams. Experiencing managing juniors preferable
- Communication Skills - Communicates in a clear and concise manner, shares information/new ideas with peer group and team, while demonstrating judgment to escalate as appropriate
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity