The Role Responsibilities
This role primarily focuses on the preparation and review of regulatory, risk, compliance, management, group and ad hoc capital, liquidity, and Basel related reporting in a timely manner, complete with analyses of significant trends and variances. Responsibilities
Projects & Process Improvement Initiatives
- Support the capital and liquidity agenda in SCB Malaysia
- Ensuring the Bank has ample capital and liquidity for its day-to-day operations whilst optimising the return from its liquid asset portfolio.
- Creating a framework that ensures the Bank's capital and liquidity is managed effectively and within the Board's risk tolerance and prudential regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring the bank's balance sheet remains in a financially sound position both structurally and on a day-today basis.
- Managing the issuance and redemption of the Bank's capital, including relationships with investors and rating agencies.
- Driving strategic initiatives to optimise the Bank's balance sheet, funding cost and to improve returns.
- Prepare and review local and group management information, country business performance, benchmarking information, asset and liability papers, risk reports, cost analytics, regulatory and statistical returns to Bank Negara, and strategies on a timely basis complete with analysis of the financial performance reported.
- Keep abreast with new/changes to existing regulatory requirements relating to Capital and Liquidity reporting as required by Bank Negara and ensure implementation.
- To manage the Bank's management information systems, ensuring that the integrity of financial data is maintained and that such data are available to key users on a timely basis to support decision making.
- Provide appropriate information to support ALCO in the efficient management of the Bank's balance sheet.
- Manage the working relationship with the Capital and Liquidity reporting staff at the Finance hub in Chennai ensuring that all deliverables are the per Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Participate in change projects (e.g., Aspire, Rubik) and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner related to capital and liquidity.
- Enhance processes and procedures and mitigate operation risk within liquidity and capital reporting processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Bank operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Capital and Liquidity Reporting team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CFO, CCIB and CPBB Country Heads, CRO, Treasury Head
- Group Internal Auditors
- External Auditor
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Finance.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Finance to support the Bank's activities.
- Provide cover for staff members in the department in their absence.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Finance/Accounting/ Business related University Degree, OR ACCA/CFA/CPA/MIA qualification
- 5+ Years' experience in Treasury / Liquidity
About Standard Chartered
- Capital Management
- Liquidity Management
- Balance sheet Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Effective Communication
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers