Global Transaction Services Apprentice London, United Kingdom About Us
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We ' re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organisation.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us! Job Description & Programme Overview
Our Apprentice programme starts in September 2024, you will join our Global Transaction Services (GTS) division working in a full-time role in one of our Product or Sales teams whilst studying with one of our trusted learning providers.
You will spend most of your time working alongside experienced colleagues, learning relevant and valuable skills, and contributing to exciting projects whilst also following an established apprenticeship programme, graduating after four years with a Level 6 Financial Services Professional Apprenticeships, which includes a Degree in Applied Finance
Apprentices evolve during the programme based on their career aspirations and depending on how quickly their technical and soft skills develop. We encourage apprentices to take advantage of employee networks, mentorship and all other resources made available to them to accelerate their career. Successful apprentices will continuously relate what they are learning with their work at Bank of America, as they progress through their degree program. Global Transaction Services
Bank of America Global Transaction Services (GTS) is a leading provider for treasury and cash management solutions. We serve more than 100,000 clients globally, spanning across all segments and industries, from middle-market businesses to the world ' s largest corporate and financial institutions.
We leverage innovative technology to empower our clients to efficiently manage their operational finance needs for their day-to-day business activities, in the most efficient way, enabling them to access their working capital when they need it, where they need it and how they need it.
To do this, we offer a wide innovative product suite with a strong technology focus, including:
- Liquidity Management
- Payment and Receipts
- Transactional Foreign Exchange
- Trade and Supply Chain Finance
- Commercial Card
- Platform and Channels (Online portal, Mobile app, Machine-to-Machine and API Connectivity)
GTS consists of the following areas:
- Leading and pitching the optimal product offerings to our clients with a consultancy and solution focused approach based on clients ' needs.
- Growing and maintaining ongoing client relationships.
- Product Management:
- Managing product lines ' Profit & Loss, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Develop new products and improve existing offerings based on industry trends and regulations, whilst factoring client ' s feedback. This is not a one-man job. To do this, PMs partner with Technology, Operations, Compliance, external vendors, and other relevant stakeholders, to bring to life their vision for the product in conjunction with the firm-wide strategies.
- Product Sales Specialists (PSS) offer product expertise, consultation, and support to win and grow business. PSS also present product capabilities directly to clients.
- Sales Enablement:
- Supporting the GTS business on various initiatives, such as Data Analytics, Revenue Management, Contract Management, Bid Management, and Commercialisation.
Each area presents the opportunity to interact directly with clients across the business life cycle, exploring innovative solutions and expansions of the client ' s business and gain an understanding of the most up to date technology used in treasury.
As an Apprentice within Global Transaction Services, you will work closely with GTS professionals on strategic business initiatives and projects. You ' ll experience first-hand how money moves around the globe and how our treasury and cash management solutions support transaction flows for some of the biggest corporates and financial institutions in the world.
You may be asked to help with managing projects, prepare presentation and other materials to support delivery of proposals to clients/prospective clients, conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research, participate in meetings/calls with clients and follow up any action points where required, support the team to solve client needs and generate revenue for the Bank. You may also be involved in product development, risk management and process improvement work, supporting the client experience of GTS products and services. Essential and desired competencies
As the successful applicant, you will have the following behaviours and competencies:
- The desire to learn with demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies
- Ability to display clear motivation for exploring a career within financial services
- Ability to demonstrate capacity for creative thinking, problem solving and the ability to deal with competing priorities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Displaying evidence of strong teamwork
To be eligible for the apprentice program, you will:
Our recruitment process
- Hold or predict to achieve at least 3 A levels/BTEC or equivalent with a minimum of BBB
- English Language GCSE grade 5 or equivalent
- Maths GCSE grade 6 or equivalent
- Be a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Not in full-time education when starting the apprenticeship
- Have the right to work and remain in the UK indefinitely
- Have not completed a qualification or apprenticeship at the same level or higher which provided you with substantially the same skills or training as you would gain through this apprenticeship with Bank of America
Apprenticeship recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it is best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we ' re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, being pregnant or on maternity leave, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience. What if I need workplace adjustments?
We ' re committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. We ' ll get back to you within two business days. We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package