An opportunity exists for an entry level position working in a challenging environment within the OTC derivatives middle office department. For the right candidate this represents a good opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of OTC derivatives & the OTC market supporting global OTC trading books.
Reporting to an Officer, this position is an opportunity for a recent graduate or second jobber to gain exposure to and invaluable knowledge of OTC derivatives and the trade supporting functions carried out by middle office. This is also great opportunity to be involved in the development of an expanding team. Job Duties and Responsibilities Derivatives
- Carry out core and complex processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Perform custom work for complex funds, look for ways to standardize when possible
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Train staff on basic principles of process
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of or an interest in OTC derivative products (Interest Rate Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, CFDs, Zero Coupon Swaps, Inflation Swaps)
- Highly computer literate with a very good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated and reliant
- Uses Initiative
- Financial or Business background
- Knowledge of OTC derivative instruments is required
- Previous experience in reconciliations required
- An honours degree from a related / numeracy based discipline required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers