At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Product Specialist
The Managed Investments Advisory & Sales team is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and forward-thinking individual to join the team. The new team member will be responsible for providing quality advice (including new investment and switch ideas) to RMs and clients on managed investments across both discretionary portfolio mandates (DPM) and mutual funds, alternative funds, ETFs as well as be committed to constantly looking for ways to improve client experience.
In addition, as we evolve into a data-led organisation, the incumbent must have the ability to build data dashboards, to draw insights from data, use these insights to make more informed decisions, and allow the team to be more targeted and pre-emptive in our approach to our client's needs. Description: Advisory and Sales
- To grow AUM and increase the penetration of Managed Investments in client portfolios through marketing and advice to RMs and clients. This involves maintaining strong collaboration with Relationship Managers/Investment Counsellors.
- Think across managed solutions, cross sell capital markets solutions and appropriately position them in clients' portfolios to optimize clients' portfolio performance.
- Be a product champion within Managed Investments Advisory and lead the engagement with stakeholders in fund selection, discretionary portfolio management or origination teams.
- Conduct fund and DPM review meetings with clients, and undertake group sales meetings with RMs from designated markets to provide them with focus fund ideas and updates.
- Participate in Advisory team meetings with the Due Diligence team to help brainstorm new ideas and funds that should be prioritized for onboarding.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration with other sales, research or portfolio management teams within Product Management Group (PMG), and other Bank of Singapore/OCBC departments.
Client Experience / Digital
- Using data analytics tools, identify patterns of behaviour of clients across funds and assist to track client activity, particularly during focus / campaign periods
- Analyse business data and highlight any observable trends to the business to assist with planning and strategic initiatives.
- Incorporate a 'targeted' approach to advisory, using data to customise ideas to specific RMs and clients.
- With clients becoming increasingly digital in their interactions with the bank, the incumbent will be involved in strategic projects that help to reduce friction between the bank and the client, and deliver improvements in the way that we communicate digitally with our clients.
- The incumbent will improve client experience through increasing the use of targeted messaging, as well as improve contextualization of our communication with our RMs and clients.
- Participate in other projects relevant to the activities of the Managed Investments team.
- CFA holder &/or Masters degree in Finance from reputable university is strongly preferred
- Strong investments background, with solid knowledge of funds and DPM across global equities, fixed income and alternative asset classes.
- Preferable work experience in an asset management/Private Bank as a dpm product specialist, funds specialist, investment advisor or portfolio manager
- Knowledge and hands on experience with building dashboards using data analysis tools such as Power BI, Tableau and/or Qlikview with the ability to interpret this data and draw conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Required experience in client engagement and customer experience.
- Experience in Python or similar coding language will be looked upon favorably.