The Role Responsibilities
- The collection strategy and Governance team is a centre of excellence and is integral to the collection team in implementation of sustainable collections and recovery operations to deliver on operational and loss performance, productively, outstanding rationalization and controls.
- Be part of a team that continues to find ways to enhance of collections and recovery capability and the driving of optimization and efficiency. We endeavour to balance between technical capability and business understanding to identify opportunities and find solutions.
- Country lead in managing collection strategy initiatives. The staff ensures business requirement documentation, testing and verification. This also includes ensuring collection team engagement to ensure smooth change transition.
- The role manages country collection systems administration duties. This entails documenting country change requests, troubleshooting system issues, periodic review of system parameters and rules and system access management.
- Drive strategy and performance tracking for Digital partner portfolio including monthly performance reviews, daily collection reporting and system support.
- Responsible for department cost management which entails monthly cost review, budgeting/forecasting and driving execution of process optimization initiatives.
- Champion continuous process improvements, up skill collection techniques, upgrade collection tools and optimize collections systems
- Lead collection agenda in country and group level system and change projects to ensure seamless transition for collection processes.
- In conjunction with Hub team, coordinate various system reconciliations to ensure correct flow of information within the internal systems.
- To identify and execute collection workflow re-engineering to derive efficiencies while deriving simplicity and process clarity.
- Making optimal use of all collection tools and using analytical and data segmentation to enhance collection efficiency.
- The role manages validation of collection related regulatory reports including Debt collection Agency reports, manual bureau submissions and debt restructuring reports.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Hongkong CPBB Risk - Collections ; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
About Standard Chartered
- At least 8 years of functional risk management experience in Retail, Business Banking risk
- Solid experience in systems and reporting would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor/ Advanced degree holder in Mathematics / Statistics or Computer Science / Engineering
- Advanced qualitative, statistical modelling skills; experienced in analytical tools (e.g. SAS)
- Excellent communication skills to engage with internal/external stakeholders (influencing as well as directing) in carrying out the BAU duties and project management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers