The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join the Close Brothers Motor Finance (CBMF) team where you will grow, maintain and develop a dealer landscape, within a set geographical region, to sell Motor Finance products associated with Close Brothers Motor Finance (CBMF). Being an Account Manager at CBMF means you will act as a trusted advisor through building long lasting relationships with independent and franchise car, LCV and/or motorcycle dealer partners.
Our Account Manager role is centred around relationships, where having a valid business reason is everything when visiting dealer partners. You will provide support with value-add activities like regulatory requirements/changes; dealer and market driven data and insights or supporting with funding floor plan & forecourt solutions applications. Each dealer is on a different journey and has differing objectives. It's the role of the Account Manager to provide support and expertise to enable them to reach their maximum potential.
As an Account Manager, you are also responsible for bringing new dealers on board. You will be expected to use marketing, operational and individual leads alongside your communication and influencing skills to secure new partnerships.
Account Managers will be able to leverage relationships inside CBMF to collaborate and work as one team to provide the best overall service. RESPONSIBILITIES Relationship Management:
- Maximise relationships with Dealer Partners by understanding their key objectives and business to ultimately realise value for mutual benefits.
- Ensure a mix of sales activity and commercial targets are achieved monthly and quarterly, to deliver timely and consistent revenue that looks to win, maintain and grow territory revenues against expectation.
- Ensure Dealer Partners perform to margin quality and efficiency targets.
- Manage the Dealer Partner relationship and expectations and keep them engaged, informed and updated.
- Supporting Dealer Partners to set and achieve business and forecourt objectives.
- Ensure territory is managed with a 'partner first' focus, seeking to meet and exceed external Dealer Partner performance standards, whilst meeting internal SLA requirements.
- Identify risks against expected revenues early and take appropriate actions to mitigate.
- Utilise relationships and knowledge of Dealer Partners to foster growth and portfolio development opportunities.
- Educate Dealer Partners to ensure understanding of the types of proposals CBMF will accept and the information needed to process loans effectively.
- Utilise and demonstrate the Close way of selling when interacting with dealer partners.
- Use analysis and insight to identify new business opportunities within the market.
- Develop an understanding of Dealer Partner key business drivers (commercial, financial) to identify future opportunities.
- Create and manage structured, planned approaches to generating new business including a strategy plan that includes all steps of the sales process from initial meeting to final presentation and onboarding.
- Build a range of pipeline opportunities at different stages to ensure targets are achieved.
- Input into Funding strategy, focussing on new dealer acquisition and development/growth of existing Funded Dealers.
- Identify and leverage networking opportunities.
- Create clear negotiation plans involving appropriate supporting functions.
- Ensure dealer visits are well planned and offer a value led purpose to each meeting.
- Effectively present digital and finance products with a clear dealer led benefit proposal.
- Be a strong CBMF sales brand ambassador at all times, internally and externally.
Data and Insight:
- Share best practices and demonstrate open communication with Operations staff.
- Work with internal functions such as Complaints, Compliance, Credit, Marketing, Business Assurance and the Dealer Support Weekend Unit to improve the quality of service delivery for the area.
- Monitor internal team performance to ensure agreed service standards are achieved and take appropriate action to rectify failure and repeat occurrences.
Regulatory, Risk & Compliance:
- Ensure a 'right first time' approach where all information and data about dealer interactions is recorded within Salesforce accurately for high quality and successful outcomes for Dealer Partners and the end customer.
- Seek and access appropriate media available to obtain Market, Industry and Dealer Partner insight.
- Collate and develop market intelligence from various internal and external sources, including Salesforce, to help steer product, promotion and pricing decisions.
- Provide an influential role in shaping Dealer Partner opinions by sharing relevant industry, consumer, finance, regulatory, legal, product, risk and compliance knowledge that underpin the Partner's business objectives of being an insight driven industry partner.
- Use data and insight tools to present effective dealer business insight that will support and benefit our dealer partners' business plans.
- Use data and insight to understand portfolio performance and plan strategy for acquisition, retention and growth.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE/ARE:
- Assess, identify and mitigate risks and ensure compliance to applicable internal policies, industry Codes and external regulation e.g. consumer credit, financial crime and data protection.
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to.
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE/ARE:
- A proven success record in Account Management of a geographic territory in a field-based role.
- Experience of working within a structured sales process.
- Ability to deliver effective and engaging presentations, adapting style, for a variety of external audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of adding value within a sales process.
- Comfortable delivering within a range of structured target led expectations.
- Able to demonstrate model sales behaviours internally and externally.
- Excellent IT skills specifically using MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Proven track record in Account Management within the Motor/Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge of regulations relating to compliance, money laundering, AML, CCD, CCA, FCA.
- Strategic use of a CRM system (ideally SalesForce.com) to plan and manage a geographical region.
- Experience of using advanced selling methodology within a sales process.
- Understanding of Sales processes with expertise in advanced selling.
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back. ABOUT US
For roles offering hybrid working: At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: