At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
The M&G plc Risk function is responsible for effectively advising and challenging key stakeholders, challenging risks effectively and proactively, and adding value through providing enhanced business insights to ensure that risk is managed in line with the expectations of clients, shareholders and regulators, and to support the delivery of customers' long term needs.
The Enterprise Risk Reporting & ICARA team develops and produces internal and external risk reporting and disclosures. The team also leads, coordinates and manages a range of risk management processes including policy governance and the solvency and liquidity assessments for the Asset Management business (the ICARA).
The Enterprise Risk Reporting & ICARA Senior Risk Analyst reports to the Head of Enterprise Risk Reporting & ICARA. The role sits in the Non-Financial Risk function, and assists in the development, implementation and embedding of the risk and policy governance frameworks, training to business areas and reporting of the key components of the risk framework to executive and board risk and audit committees and for external disclosures. The role works closely with the oversight teams in delivering the risk framework. Key Responsibilities for this Role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ensure compliance to the people policies, Group Code of Conduct and embedding desired behaviours
- Be personally accountable for identifying, assessing, managing and reporting risks within your area of responsibility, including supporting formal risk management activities e.g. Risk & Control Self Assessments and timely closure of Assurance actions
- Assisting in the development, delivery and continuous improvement of regular and ad hoc enterprise risk reporting for stakeholders across M&G plc, including Business Committees, Business Divisions, Legal Entities and other key stakeholders.
- Assisting the development and delivery of regular and ad hoc enterprise risk reporting for external stakeholders, including regulators, clients and shareholders
- Assisting the development, maintenance and continuous of enhancement of the M&G plc Policy Governance Framework including both policies, standards and training material.
- Assisting in coordinating the development and assisting the oversight team in the delivery of training to M&G plc risk professionals, senior management and the business.
- Working with key parties to support the development and ongoing maintenance of the firmwide Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) system.
- Continuously seeking to improve the risk analysis and reporting of risk information, responding to requests and feedback from key stakeholders as well as maintaining awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments.
- To review and interpret information relating to key risk data and produce summarised tailored information and analytics; specifically in relation to RCSA, Risk Appetite, Notifiable Events and Assurance action status.
- Support the production of the ICARA and its components for the Asset Management business, including operational risk scenarios, stress and scenario testing and production of the ICARA document.
- Very good knowledge of Risk in financial services (essential).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to an Executive, Board and Committee level (essential).
- Strong knowledge of enterprise risk reporting requirements, policies and standards, and risk training (desirable).
- Curious and continually looking to seek out improvements and not just accepting the status quo (essential).
- Strong drive and delivery, committed to achieving results and delivering on time (essential).
- Strong analytical thinking and a critical evaluator of information/issues (desirable).
- Experience with working in a second line risk team (desirable).
- Experience with development and evolution of risk reporting, policies and standards (essential).
- Experience with developing and delivering risk training (desirable)
- Experience with implementation and ongoing support of a GRC system (desirable)
- Relevant professional qualification desirable (IRM, CISI, ACII, IIA, ACCA/CA/CIMA)
Experience Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter: Helen Simons
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.