About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role: As Depositary Senior Analyst you will be a key member of the Northern Trust Global Services SE (NTGS SE) Luxembourg Depositary providing technical, monitoring and operational support and act as the day-to-day, depositary central point of contact with our Investment Funds clients. The role involves technical coordination and regulatory oversight of operational monitoring programmes. There will be periodic involvement with other jurisdictions and projects to ensure the seamless delivery of operational support of NTGS SE Luxembourg Depositary clients. Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Depositary requirements are met and escalate any issues where appropriate to management
- Work with the Depositary Managers and EMEA Product Development to ensure that all client technical advisory requirements are anticipated, responded to and validated
- Ensure that any information relating to the client is disseminated with clarity and efficiency
- Identify and act upon and opportunities to improve operating processes
- Assist with the implementation of Depositary new business and client change
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the operational output from delegates and/or third party service providers
- Provide management information and risk reporting specific to Depositary Private Equity clients
- Support in relevant Depositary governance forums
- Build relationships with clients, identifying opportunities to enhance service, delivering on Depositary duties
- Keep up to date with internal and external market developments in the Regulatory field, specifically for the private capital asset sector
- Ensure that all SLD requirements are monitored and met
- Supervise daily, weekly and monthly checks of the depositary function for traditional and alternative investment funds
- Liaise with and assist on operational and technical queries internal and external parties relating to Depositary services for traditional and alternative investment fund business
- Maintain and update operational procedures in line with expected risk requirements
- Provide local support for all on-boarding initiatives
- Be a team player and strong leadership skills, able to multi-task and work with due skill and attention to accuracy
- solid understanding of the Depositary processes in relation to both UCIs and alternative funds. Specific experience servicing clients with private equity, private debt and real estate funds would be a plus.
- sound understanding of change and the ability to transition and on-board client relationships
- proven knowledge of financial services regulations specifically in Luxembourg, EU and the US
- effective verbal, presentation and written communications skills;
- the ability to adapt to and fit in with the Northern Trust culture;
- a 'can do' attitude - including a willingness to tackle a broad range of work and to work enthusiastically within a team
- the ability to work under pressure and to represent Northern Trust professionally and positively, both internally and externally
- personal confidence and flexibility to undertake the variety of tasks required to build out the proposition and win and support client mandates
- good training skills and the ability to mentor and educate new members of the team
- Fluent in English language, other EU languages would be an advantage
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a Depositary, Custodian, ManCo/AIFM or Fund servicing role pertaining to funds investing in a wide range of asset classes.
- Proven experience with Luxembourg UCIs, understanding and applying regulatory regimes of the AIFM and UCITS directives.
- Demonstrated client service experience
- University degree or equivalent in accounting, economics or finance
- Strong understanding of Alternative Investment Funds, specifically those investing in private debt assets.
Working with Us:
- Client Focused - Excellence in Execution - Effective Communication - Personal Courage - NT Savvy - Innovative - Diversity, Inclusion & Respect
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.